The citizens of Liechtenstein, like many other nationalities, are exempt from getting a visa when traveling to Canada for short visits. Nevertheless, if you travel by air, you must obtain a Canada ETA before your departure. The electronic travel authorization, however, is available online, and with iVisa, you can have it in as little as 30 minutes.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Liechtenstein – the requirements
One of the first thing you need to do when you decide to apply for a Canada ETA is to put together everything necessary for the online application process. You will need the following documents and information:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA unless you are a passport holder. But that is not all. The travel document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada, so make sure to check your passport’s expiry date before you apply for your ETA.
- E-mail address – you need to provide iVisa with a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires that you make the payment online as well. To that effect, you need to have a valid method of payment. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever you find most convenient.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Liechtenstein – the online application form
To know what to expect during the online process, we will describe the application form for you. However, you should know that whenever you need some help or have questions, you can contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is available 24/7 and is entirely free of charge.
The form you will come across on the application page is broken down into three simple steps. Step number one concerns general information and processing time. As for the latter, you should know that iVisa gives you three options, and the choice you make determines the cost of your Canada ETA. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – if time is not an issue, you can opt for the slowest and cheapest choice you have at hand. By choosing this option, your application for a Canada ETA is processed within 24 hours, and the cost is $19.50.
- Rush processing – speeding things up a little, this option delivers your Canada ETA within just 2 hours. The cost, on the other hand, goes a little higher. You are charged $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – if you choose this option, you can apply for your Canada ETA on your way to the airport. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you are charged $69.50.
When you get to the second step, you are asked to handle the payment and review your form. The revision is more important than you think because even a simple typo can and will invalidate your ETA. Avoid that by correcting any possible mistakes before you submit your application.
The third step requires you to upload any documents that support your application. iVisa will give the necessary instructions. When you are through, submit your request and iVisa will take it from there.
What you need to remember is that while the citizens of Latvia do not need a Canada visa, you are required to obtain a Canada ETA. The document you are given is valid for 5 years or until your passport expires. Whichever comes first. You can enter Canada multiple times, and you can stay there for up to 6 months per visit.