The citizens of 54 countries and territories are exempt from getting a visa when traveling to Canada for short visits, and the citizens of Lithuania are among them. Nonetheless, as a Lithuanian, you have to apply for a Canada ETA if you travel by air. The document can be obtained online, and with iVisa, it can be yours in just half an hour.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Lithuania – the requirements
The first thing on your mind should be to fulfill the requirements. That ensures a smooth application process. With that in mind, you will need the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA unless you are a passport holder. But that is not all. The travel document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada, so make sure to check your passport’s expiry date before you apply for your ETA.
- E-mail address – you need to provide iVisa with a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires that you make the payment online as well. To that effect, you need to have a valid method of payment. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever you find most convenient.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Lithuania – the online application form
As soon as you have all of the above, you are free to go ahead and access the application page to fill in the form. It should not be a difficult task for anyone, but if you have any questions or concerns, you can contact iVisa’s customer support via online chat or phone. The service is open 24/7 and does not charge.
As you will come to see, iVisa’s form is broken down into three steps. During the first one, all that you have to do is provide your personal information and select a processing time. As for the latter, keep in mind that the choice you make establishes how much money you spend on your Canada ETA. iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – if time is not an issue, you can opt for the slowest and cheapest choice you have at hand. By choosing this option, your application for a Canada ETA is processed within 24 hours, and the cost is $19.50.
- Rush processing – speeding things up a little, this option delivers your Canada ETA within just 2 hours. The cost, on the other hand, goes a little higher. You are charged $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – if you choose this option, you can apply for your Canada ETA on your way to the airport. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you are charged $69.50.
The second step consists of payment and revision, while the third wants you to upload your application’s supporting documents. When you are done, you can click the submit button and iVisa will handle the rest.
The bottom line is that as a citizen of Lithuania, you are not required to get a Canada visa for short visits, but you do need to [acquire a Canada ETA if you travel by air. The document you are sent is valid for 5 years or until your passport expires. You can go to Canada as often as you like, but you cannot stay there for a period that exceeds 6 months per entry.