The citizens of Luxembourg who travel to Canada for short visits are not required to apply for a visa. However, it is necessary that you obtain a Canada ETA if you travel by air. Fortunately, the electronic travel authorization is available online, and if you apply with iVisa, you can have it in as little as half an hour.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Luxembourg – the requirements
You may be interested in what the requirements are, and rest assured that you should have no trouble in meeting them. The list is short, and the items on it are easy to acquire. Here is what you will need for the online application process:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA unless you are a passport holder. But that is not all. The travel document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada, so make sure to check your passport’s expiry date before you apply for your ETA.
- E-mail address – you need to provide iVisa with a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires that you make the payment online as well. To that effect, you need to have a valid method of payment. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever you find most convenient.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Luxembourg – about the application form
Once you consider yourself ready, you can go ahead and complete the application form. The task at hand should be easy, but just in case you have questions or concerns about the process, you can contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is open non-stop and is entirely free of charge.
iVisa divided the form into three simple steps. The first one asks for personal information such as name, address, date of birth, etc., as well as passport info and travel details. Plus, you have to select a processing time option for your application, a factor that weighs in the cost of your Canada ETA. You can choose from the following:
- Standard processing – if time is not an issue, you can opt for the slowest and cheapest choice you have at hand. By choosing this option, your application for a Canada ETA is processed within 24 hours, and the cost is $19.50.
- Rush processing – speeding things up a little, this option delivers your Canada ETA within just 2 hours. The cost, on the other hand, goes a little higher. You are charged $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – if you choose this option, you can apply for your Canada ETA on your way to the airport. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you are charged $69.50.
Once you get to the second step, you must cover the payment using one of the methods mentioned above, but you also have to make sure that you carefully review your form so that it does not contain mistakes. The third step focuses on supporting documents. You must upload them as per iVisa’s instructions. When you are done, submit your request and iVisa will handle the bureaucracy that follows.
As you can see, the citizens of Luxembourg may not need a Canada visa per se, but you still have to apply for a Canada ETA. The document you are sent is valid for 5 years since issue, you can use it for multiple entries, and you are allowed to stay in Canada for up to 6 months per visit.