Like the rest of the European Union citizens, Malteses are not required to get a visa if they travel to Canada. On the contrary, they just need to apply for a Canada ETA.
So if you're from Malta, you're able to apply for this visa using iVisa's services. In this article, you'll learn how to properly get this document and also what requirements you need to have at hand.
Frequently Asked Questions
If I'm from Malta, do I need a visa to travel to Canada?
No, you don't need a visa, What you need is an ETA, which is an authorization to travel into the country and it is available only for visa-exempt countries.
What is an ETA for Malta Citizens?
The Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) is an electronic system that gives permission to certain travelers to enter Canada.
How Long Can Maltese Citizens Stay in Canada?
As long as you get your Canada ETA, you can stay in the country for 180 days Per Entry.
What are the requirements for Maltese citizens?
For a successful application process, you need to be able to fulfill all the requirements. The good thing is that there is nothing on that list that is out of the ordinary, and you may already have everything necessary:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA without having a passport. Also, be sure to check the expiration date, this document must be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada.
- E-mail address – you need to have a valid e-mail address 'cause you'll receive your ETA via e-mail inbox. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Payment – When you fill in an online application, you'll clearly need to make a payment. That's why you need to have a valid method of payment. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal.
How long is the ETA valid for?
This document expires 5 years after issued or until passport expires.
What are the processing times and fees?
The cost of your Canada ETA depends on a single factor, and that is the processing time option you select during the application process. iVisa offers you three options so you can choose the one that is most convenient. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and also the least expensive option by iVisa. Your application is processed in 24 hours, and the total price is USD 19.50.
- Rush processing – if you are looking for a faster alternative, then you should choose this one. Your Canada ETA is ready in 4 hours and the priceis USD 49.50.
- Super Rush processing – This is the fastest option at hand, and it is also the most expensive. You are charged USD 69.50, but your application is processed in only 30 minutes.
How much time do I need to apply?
You can complete the whole application process in 20 minutes.
How can I apply for a Canadian ETA?
When you feel ready to apply, you can go ahead and fill in the application form. It is easy to complete it, but if you need some help, you can contact iVisa’s customer suppor via phone or online chat. The service is available 24/7 and is free of charge.
The online process has three steps to follow.
The first one focuses on general information about yourself and your trip, but this is also the best moment to choose a processing time option for your application.
The second step is to cover the payment and carefully review your form.
The final step asks you to upload other documents that support your application. As soon as you are done, you can submit your request and iVisa will handle everything else.
As you can see, this entire process is quite effortless, all you need is to spend some minutes to enjoy your trip. If you're ready to start, then click here
How many entries am I allowed to have?
If you're from Malta and you apply for an ETA, then you'll get Multiple Entry. In other words, you can travel a lot of times to this country.
What should I do if I travel with my children?
If your children are under 18 years old, then they must travel with appropriate documents and meet the same entry requirements as an adult passenger. You can contact us for more information related to these requirements.
How soon should I apply for an ESTA?
With iVisa you can apply whenever you want before traveling to the US, but we recommend you to do it when you feel sure about your trip.
Does the Canadian ETA guarantee that I can enter the country?
We always emphasize that the Canadian ETA doesn't give you an automated authorization to enter Canada since it depends on the Immigration checkpoint. If your ETA is approved, then you are eligible to travel to Canada, but it doesn't mean that you are admissible to enter the country at once.
Do I have to apply for an ETA each time I travel there?
No, that's not necessary. Remember that the Canadian ETA is valid for 5 years after issued or until passport expires. You can visit Canada as many times as you wish during this period of time.
How does the Canadian ETA look like?
Where can I find more information about the Canadian ETA for Maltese?
If you're from Malta, you can click here to apply for the ETA using iVisa. But in case you still have some questions or concerns during this application process, then you can contact us and we'll be more than glad to assist you. There's also valuable tips and FAQs about this document in this link.
Our pillar is to make the ETA process easier for you, and that's reflected in our reviews. We are happy of the service we offer and strive to provide an excellent experience for every traveler.
However, It's not enough with words, so it is better to rely on some Websites related to this topic. One of the sites you will come across is Trustpilot – where we have over 18,000 customers who provided great feedback on our services.
Check our website today and enjoy the beauties of Canada as easy as possible with our services!