Like the rest of the European Union citizens, Maltese nationals are not required to obtain a visa if they travel to Canada for short visits. Instead, you have to apply for a Canada ETA if you travel by air. iVisa can help you get the travel authorization in just half an hour. All you need is 20 minutes of your time.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Malta – the requirements
For a successful application process, you need to be able to fulfill all the requirements. However, you will see that there is nothing on that list that is out of the ordinary, and you may already have everything necessary. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA unless you are a passport holder. But that is not all. The travel document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada, so make sure to check your passport’s expiry date before you apply for your ETA.
- E-mail address – you need to provide iVisa with a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires that you make the payment online as well. To that effect, you need to have a valid method of payment. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever you find most convenient.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Malta – processing time and fees
The cost of your Canada ETA depends on a single factor, and that is the processing time option you select during the application process. iVisa gives you three options so that you can go for the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – if time is not an issue, you can opt for the slowest and cheapest choice you have at hand. By choosing this option, your application for a Canada ETA is processed within 24 hours, and the cost is $19.50.
- Rush processing – speeding things up a little, this option delivers your Canada ETA within just 2 hours. The cost, on the other hand, goes a little higher. You are charged $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – if you choose this option, you can apply for your Canada ETA on your way to the airport. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you are charged $69.50.
About the application form
When you consider yourself ready, you can go ahead and fill in the application form. That should not take you more than 20 minutes, but if you need some help, you can reach iVisa’s customer support via phone or online chat. The service is available 24/7 and free of charge.
The online form consists of three simple steps. The first one focuses on general information about yourself and your trip, but this is also the moment when you must choose a processing time option for your application. The second step wants you to cover the payment and carefully review your form, while the third requires you to upload the documents that support your application. As soon as you are done, you can submit your request and iVisa will handle everything else that follows.
The bottom line is that the citizens of Malta do not need a Canada visa for short visits. However, you do have to acquire a Canada ETA. The travel document is valid for 5 years since issue or until your passport expires if that comes first. You can go to Canada as many times as you want, but you cannot stay there for more than 6 months per visit.