The citizens of Mexico, together with other 57 nationalities, are not required to get a visa when they travel to Canada for short visits. Instead, as a Mexican, you must apply for a Canada ETA to be able to board your flight. If you use the services rendered by iVisa, you can have the travel authorization in as little as 30 minutes.
Canada eTA for the citizens of Mexico – the requirements
The first thing you need to handle is the matter of requirements. However, chances are that you already have everything necessary for a successful application process. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA unless you are a passport holder. But that is not all. The travel document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada, so make sure to check your passport’s expiry date before you apply for your ETA.
- E-mail address – you need to provide iVisa with a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires that you make the payment online as well. To that effect, you need to have a valid method of payment. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever you find most convenient.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Mexico – processing time and fees
The amount of money you spend on a Canada ETA depends on which processing time you choose when you fill in the application form. iVisa gives you three solutions so that you can go for the one that best suits your needs. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – if time is not an issue, you can opt for the slowest and cheapest choice you have at hand. By choosing this option, your application for a Canada ETA is processed within 24 hours, and the cost is $19.50.
- Rush processing – speeding things up a little, this option delivers your Canada ETA within just 2 hours. The cost, on the other hand, goes a little higher. You are charged $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – if you choose this option, you can apply for your Canada ETA on your way to the airport. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you are charged $69.50.
The content of the application form
After you manage to put together everything you need, you can proceed to fill in the form. The job at hand should take about 20 minutes of your time, but if you need assistance or have some concerns, you can reach iVisa’s customer support via online chat or phone. The service is at your disposal non-stop, and it is entirely free of charge.
The form is broken down into three simple steps.
- The first one focuses on personal information, travel details, passport info, and processing time.
- The second wants you to make the payment and carefully review your form,
- while the third asks for the application’s supporting documents.
You will have to upload them. After you complete all three steps, you can submit your form and iVisa will take care of the rest.
What you need to remember from all of this is that the citizens of Mexico do not need a Canada visa for short visits, but the Canada ETA is a must if you travel by air. The electronic authorization is valid for 5 years since the date of issue, it grants multiple entries, and it allows you to stay in Canada for no more than 6 months per visit.
Yixi (Sophia) Li is the co-author of this article. She is a licensed immigration consultant (RCIC) who has been working with an immigration law firm since 2016. She is also a licensed paralegal in Ontario and a notary public. She has a Masters of Law. In 2018, she founded Mainstay Immigration Law Firm and Yixi Li Legal Firm.