Norwegian citizens who travel to Canada for short stays do not have to get a Canada visa. Instead, if you plan to travel there by air, you are required to apply for a Canada ETA. Fortunately, you can do that online, and if you use the services provided by iVisa, you can have your electronic authorization within just 30 minutes.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Norway – requirements
The first thing on your mind should be meeting the requirements. But you have no reason for concern since the list is short and contains items that are not difficult to acquire. Here is what you will need for a successful application process:
- Passport – all applicants who wish to obtain a Canada ETA must be passport holders. However, before you apply, check your passport’s expiry date because it needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada.
- E-mail address – while the Canada ETA is electronically linked to your passport, you will receive a copy of the authorization via e-mail in PDF format. You are not required to have a physical copy on you, but you can still print one out just in case you need it.
- Means of payment – during the online application process, you will be required to make the payment. iVisa is versatile as far as paying for its services goes, which is why you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid methods of payment. You can use the one that is most convenient for you.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Norway – the online application form
After you manage to put together all of the above, you can move on and access the application page to fill in the form. The task should not take you more than 20 minutes to complete, but if you have any questions, feel free to contact iVisa’s customer support. It is at your disposal 24/7, and it is free of charge.
You will notice that the form on iVisa’s application page is broken down into three steps. During the first one, all you have to do is provide basic information, but you also have to choose a processing time for your application. Keep in mind that the choice you make determines the cost of your Canada ETA. iVisa provides you with three options:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and cheapest option you are given by iVisa. Your application is processed in 24 hours, but you only have to pay $19.50 for your ETA.
- Rush processing – if you are looking for a faster option, then you should go for this one. Your Canada ETA is ready within 2 hours since your request is submitted, and the cost is $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – since this is the fastest option at hand, it is the most expensive. You are charged $69.50, but your application is processed within only 30 minutes.
When you get to the second step, you are required to handle the payment, but be careful to review your form so that it does not contain any mistakes. The third step is the point at which iVisa asks you to upload some documents that support your application. As soon as you are through, you can hit the submit button and iVisa will send you the authorization in the agreed timeframe.
What is important to remember from this is that the citizens of Norway do not need a Canada visa for short stays. You need, however, a Canada ETA to board your flight. The ETA is valid for 5 years since issue or until your passport expires if that happens first. You are granted multiple entries and you can stay in Canada for up to 180 days per visit.