According to the visa policy of Canada, the citizens of Papua New Guinea are not required to get a visa if they travel to this country for short stays. However, if you are planning to go to Canada by air, you have to obtain a Canada ETA. The document can be acquired online, and with the help of iVisa’s services, you can have it in just half an hour.
Canada eTA for the citizens of Papua New Guinea – requirements
We are pleased to inform you that the requirements for a Canada ETA are easy to meet given the fact that there are few of them, and some of them may already be in your possession. You will need the following:
- Passport – all applicants who wish to obtain a Canada ETA must be passport holders. However, before you apply, check your passport’s expiry date because it needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada.
- E-mail address – while the Canada ETA is electronically linked to your passport, you will receive a copy of the authorization via e-mail in PDF format. You are not required to have a physical copy on you, but you can still print one out just in case you need it.
- Means of payment – during the online application process, you will be required to make the payment. iVisa is versatile as far as paying for its services goes, which is why you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid methods of payment. You can use the one that is most convenient for you.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Papua New Guinea – the online application form
Once you gather what is necessary for the application process, which should not take long, you can go ahead and fill in the form. Typically, people spend about 20 minutes to complete this task, but if you have questions or need some help, feel free to contact iVisa’s customer support service. It is available 24/7 and free of charge.
The form you have to go over has three steps.
Step one wants you to provide your personal information and a few details about your trip. You also have to choose a processing time for your application, something which determines the cost of your Canada ETA. iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one that is best for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and cheapest option you are given by iVisa. Your application is processed in 24 hours, but you only have to pay $19.50 for your ETA.
- Rush processing – if you are looking for a faster option, then you should go for this one. Your Canada ETA is ready within 2 hours since your request is submitted, and the cost is $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – since this is the fastest option at hand, it is the most expensive. You are charged $69.50, but your application is processed within only 30 minutes.
Moving on to step number two, this is the moment when you have to cover the payment and review your form so that it does not include any errors.
The third step requires that you upload the documentation that supports your request.
Once you are finished, you can submit your application and iVisa will take care of the rest.
The bottom line is that as a citizen of Papua New Guinea, you are not required to apply for a Canada visa per se. But you do need a Canada ETA. The authorization is valid for 5 years since issuance, and you can use it as many times as you want. You can stay in Canada for up to 6 months each time you visit.
Yixi (Sophia) Li is the co-author of this article. She is a licensed immigration consultant (RCIC) who has been working with an immigration law firm since 2016. She is also a licensed paralegal in Ontario and a notary public. She has a Masters of Law. In 2018, she founded Mainstay Immigration Law Firm and Yixi Li Legal Firm.