Portuguese citizens, like 53 other nationalities, are exempt from getting a visa when they travel to Canada. Instead, if you plan to go there by air, you must obtain a Canada ETA. Fortunately, the electronic authorization is almost effortless to acquire, and with iVisa, you can have it in just 30 minutes.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Portugal – the requirements
As far as the requirements are concerned, you have nothing to worry about. You will see that the list is very short, and the items on it are effortless to get. You will need the following:
- Passport – all applicants who wish to obtain a Canada ETA must be passport holders. However, before you apply, check your passport’s expiry date because it needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada.
- E-mail address – while the Canada ETA is electronically linked to your passport, you will receive a copy of the authorization via e-mail in PDF format. You are not required to have a physical copy on you, but you can still print one out just in case you need it.
- Means of payment – during the online application process, you will be required to make the payment. iVisa is versatile as far as paying for its services goes, which is why you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid methods of payment. You can use the one that is most convenient for you.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Portugal – the online application form
As soon as you believe yourself to be ready, you can proceed to the application page and fill in the form. The task should take you approximately 20 minutes to complete, but if you need any help, you can contact iVisa’s customer support. This service can be reached non-stop, and it is free of charge.
When you access the application page, you will see that the form created by iVisa is divided into three parts. The first one is easy. You have to provide your personal information, passport info, and travel details, but you also have to choose a processing time for your application. The cost of your Canada ETA is determined by your choice, and iVisa gives you three options. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and cheapest option you are granted by iVisa. Your application is processed in 24 hours, but you only have to pay $19.50 for your ETA.
- Rush processing – if you are looking for a faster option, then you should go for this one. Your Canada ETA is ready within 2 hours since your request is submitted, and the cost is $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – since this is the fastest option at hand, it is the most expensive. You are charged $69.50, but your application is processed within only 30 minutes.
The second part is the moment when you have to cover the payment and review your form. We suggest that you do not treat the review lightly since even the smallest typo can invalidate your ETA. The third part requires you to upload the documents that support your application. When you are done with that as well, you are free to click on the submit button. iVisa will take care of the rest so that you can get your ETA in the agreed timeframe.
What you need to understand from all this is that as a citizen of Portugal, you do not need a Canada visa for short stays. You must, however, get a Canada ETA if you travel by air. The authorization is valid for 5 years since the date of issue or until your passport expires (if that comes first). You can go to Canada as many times as you want in those 5 years, but you cannot stay there for more than 6 months per entry.