The citizens of San Marino are among the many nationalities that are not required to apply for a visa whenever they travel to Canada for short visits. However, if you wish to go there by air, you need to obtain a Canada ETA before you leave. The electronic travel authorization is available online, and if you use the services rendered by iVisa, you can have it in as little as 30 minutes.
Canada Visa for the citizens of San Marino – the requirements
When it comes to requirements, you have no reason for concern. The list is not extensive, and most likely you already have everything on it. Here is what you will need for a successful application process:
- Passport – all applicants who wish to obtain a Canada ETA must be passport holders. However, before you apply, check your passport’s expiry date because it needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada.
- E-mail address – while the Canada ETA is electronically linked to your passport, you will receive a copy of the authorization via e-mail in PDF format. You are not required to have a physical copy on you, but you can still print one out just in case you need it.
- Means of payment – during the online application process, you will be required to make the payment. iVisa is versatile as far as paying for its services goes, which is why you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid methods of payment. You can use the one that is most convenient for you.
Canada Visa for the citizens of San Marino – the online application form
As soon as you are ready, you can go ahead and fill in the application form. You should spend about 20 minutes completing this task, but if you need assistance along the way or you have questions, you can reach iVisa’s customer support via phone or online chat. The service is open non-stop and does not charge.
iVisa created a short and simple form which consists of three easy steps. The first one concerns two things: general information about yourself and your trip and processing time. As for the latter, keep in mind that the option you choose dictates the cost of your Canada ETA. You can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and cheapest option you are given by iVisa. Your application is processed in 24 hours, but you only have to pay $19.50 for your ETA.
- Rush processing – if you are looking for a faster option, then you should go for this one. Your Canada ETA is ready within 2 hours since your request is submitted, and the cost is $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – since this is the fastest option at hand, it is the most expensive. You are charged $69.50, but your application is processed within only 30 minutes.
When you get to the second step, all you have to do is pay for the ETA and iVisa’s services, but you also have to carefully review your form to make sure it does not contain any mistakes. Otherwise, you can receive an ETA that is invalid.
The last step is the moment when iVisa asks you to upload the documents that support your application. After you do that, you can click on the submit button and iVisa will take care of all the rest. All you can do is wait at that point.
The bottom line is that as a citizen of San Marino, you are not required to get a Canada visa. However, you do need to apply for a Canada ETA if you travel by air. The document at hand is valid for 5 years since issue, it grants multiple entries and it allows its holder to stay in Canada for up to 6 months per visit.