The citizens of the Solomon Islands who travel to Canada for short stays are not required to obtain a Canada visa if they travel by air. Instead, you must acquire a Canada ETA. Fortunately, the travel authorization is obtainable online, and if you use the services rendered by iVisa, you can have it in as little as 30 minutes.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Solomon Islands – requirements
You will be pleased to learn that the Canada ETA is almost effortless to obtain, mainly because the process is not as demanding as the one you may come across at an embassy. You will only need the following for a successful application process:
- Passport – all applicants who wish to obtain a Canada ETA must be passport holders. However, before you apply, check your passport’s expiry date because it needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada.
- E-mail address – while the Canada ETA is electronically linked to your passport, you will receive a copy of the authorization via e-mail in PDF format. You are not required to have a physical copy on you, but you can still print one out just in case you need it.
- Means of payment – during the online application process, you will be required to make the payment. iVisa is versatile as far as paying for its services goes, which is why you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid methods of payment. You can use the one that is most convenient for you.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Solomon Islands – processing time and fees
The cost of a Canada ETA is determined by the timeframe in which you want your application to be processed. As to that, iVisa grants you three options so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs or budget. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and cheapest option you are given by iVisa. Your application is processed in 24 hours, but you only have to pay $19.50 for your ETA.
- Rush processing – if you are looking for a faster option, then you should go for this one. Your Canada ETA is ready within 2 hours since your request is submitted, and the cost is $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – since this is the fastest option at hand, it is the most expensive. You are charged $69.50, but your application is processed within only 30 minutes.
What to expect when you fill in the application form
As far as the application form is concerned, you should have an easy time completing this task. Plus, iVisa’s customer support service is available non-stop and free of charge should you need some help or have some questions.
The form is divided into three easy steps. The first one focuses on general information and processing time. This is the moment when you have to make a choice. The second step consists of payment and revision, while the third is the point at which you are required to upload the documents that support your application. As soon as you are done, click on the submit button, and iVisa will handle the bureaucracy that follows. But your job is done.
What you need to remember from all this is that as a citizen of the Solomon Islands, you do not need a Canada visa for short stays. Instead, you are required to obtain a Canada ETA. The document maintains its validity for 5 years since issue, and in that period, you can travel to Canada as many times as you want. However, you are allowed to stay there only up to 6 months per visit.