Same as many other nationalities, the citizens of South Korea enjoy a visa exemption when traveling to Canada for short stays. However, you are still required to get a Canada ETA if you decide to go there by air. With iVisa’s help, you can apply and get the ETA you need in just half an hour.
Canada Visa for the citizens of South Korea – the requirements
For your application process to go as smooth as possible, we recommend that you first gather everything necessary, and then fill in the form. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – all applicants who wish to obtain a Canada ETA must be passport holders. However, before you apply, check your passport’s expiry date because it needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada.
- E-mail address – while the Canada ETA is electronically linked to your passport, you will receive a copy of the authorization via e-mail in PDF format. You are not required to have a physical copy on you, but you can still print one out just in case you need it.
- Means of payment – during the online application process, you will be required to make the payment. iVisa is versatile as far as paying for its services goes, which is why you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid methods of payment. You can use the one that is most convenient for you.
Canada Visa for the citizens of South Korea – the online application form
iVisa created a short and straightforward application form so that you can be over with it in just 20 minutes. However, if you need some help or have some questions regarding the process, feel free to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service can be reached via online chat and phone 24/7, and it is entirely free of charge.
When you access the application page, you will come across a 3-step application form. The first step wants you to provide iVisa with general information about yourself and your trip, but you also need to select a processing time for your application. Your choice determines how fast your application is processed, as well as the cost of your Canada ETA. For your convenience, iVisa grants you three options. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and cheapest option you are given by iVisa. Your application is processed in 24 hours, but you only have to pay $19.50 for your ETA.
- Rush processing – if you are looking for a faster option, then you should go for this one. Your Canada ETA is ready within 2 hours since your request is submitted, and the cost is $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – since this is the fastest option at hand, it is the most expensive. You are charged $69.50, but your application is processed within only 30 minutes.
The second step requires you to insert the payment details, but you need to review your form as well. It is essential that the information you provide is 100% accurate. Otherwise, you can get an invalid ETA and you have to apply for a new one as a result.
The third step is the moment when iVisa asks you to provide the documents that support your application. You need to upload them. When that is finished, submit your request, and iVisa will send you the ETA in the timeframe of your choosing.
What you must remember from all this is that as a citizen of South Korea, you do not need a Canada visa for short stays. You must, on the other hand, obtain a Canada ETA. The electronic authorization is valid for 5 years since issuance, and in those years, you can travel to Canada as many times as you like. However, you are allowed to stay only up to 6 months per visit.