Swiss citizens, together with other 53 nationalities, are exempt from getting a Canada visa when they travel there for short visits. However, if you reach the country by air, you need to get a Canada ETA before you leave. This electronic travel authorization can be purchased online and you can get it in a few minutes.
Do you want to know more about this document? You can keep reading the article below.
Frequently Asked Questions
If I'm from Switzerland, do I need a visa to travel to Canada?
You're not required to have a visa, What you need is an ETA, which is a document that allows you to travel into the country.
What is an ETA for Swiss Citizens?
The Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) is a system that gives certain travelers permission to enter Canada without having a visa.
How Long Can Swiss Citizens Stay in Canada?
If you have your Canadian ETA, you can stay in Canada for 180 days Per Entry.
What are the requirements for a Canadian ETA?
There are a few documents you need to before starting your application. You should not find that difficult since the Canadian ETA is not a very demanding document to apply for. What you need is:
- Passport – All applicants who want to obtain a Canada ETA must be passport holders. However, before you apply, check your passport’s expiration date because it needs to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada.
- E-mail address – While the Canada ETA is electronically linked to your passport, you will receive a copy of the authorization via e-mail in PDF format. You are not required to have a physical copy on you, but you can still print one out just in case you need it.
- Means of payment– During the online application process, you will be required to make the payment. iVisa is versatile as far as paying for its services goes, which is why you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal is also a valid payment method.
What are the prices and times to get my ETA?
iVisa offers you three alternatives so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – This option is the slowest and cheapest one with iVisa. Your application is processed in 24 hours, but you only have to pay USD 19.50 for your Canadian ETA.
- Rush processing – If you are looking for a better and quicker option, then you should select this one. Your Canada ETA is ready in 4 hours, and the total price is USD 49.50.
- Super Rush processing – This is the fastest option you can get, but it is also the most expensive. You are charged USD 69.50, but your application is ready within only 30 minutes.
How much time do I need to complete the application form?
You'll be happy to know that you can complete your online form in 20 minutes or even less.
How can I apply for the Canadian ETA?
After you gather all the requirements for the online application process, you can proceed to fill in the form. You should not spend more than 20 minutes completing this task, but if you need assistance, you can contact iVisa’s customer support day or night. The service can be reached both via online chat and phone for free.
The form has three short steps:
Step number one asks you to provide your personal information, as well as to choose a processing time for your application. Keep in mind that the option you select determines the cost of your Canada ETA.
Step number two asks you to insert your payment details, but you also have to carefully read your information to make sure there are no mistakes in it. Otherwise, the ETA you receive is invalid and you have to repeat the process for a new ETA.
Step three asks you to provide the documents that support your application. You are asked to upload them. When you finish this part, submit your request, and wait for your ETA.
How many entries can I have with the Canadian ETA?
If you're from Switzerlan, you get a Multiple Entry ETA.
What should I do if I travel with children?
It is important to remark that children under 18 must travel with appropriate documents and meet the same entry requirements as an adult traveler. Contact us for more information about these requirements.
When should I apply for an ETA?
You can apply whenever you want before traveling to Canada, but we recommend you to do it when you feel sure about planning your trip.
Does the Canadian ETA guarantee that I can enter Canada?
We always emphasize that the Canadian ETA doesn't give you an automated authorization to Canada since it always depends on the Immigration officers. If your ETA is approved, it means that you are eligible to travel to this country, but it doesn't mean that you are admissible to enter Canada at once.
Remember that once you arrive you will be inspected by an Immigration officer.
Do I have to apply for an ETA each time I travel to this country?
There's no need of that since the document is valid for 5 years or until the passport expires.
How does this ETA look like?
Where can I read more information about the Canadian ETA for Swiss citizens?
You can click here if you're ready to apply for the ETA using iVisa. But if you still have any doubts or concerns during the application process, then you can contact us and we'll be more than glad to assist you. There's also more valuable info about this electronic authorization in this link.
Our commitment is to make the travel document process simpler and affordable for you, and that's reflected in our reviews. We are proud of the service we offer.
Look around our website if you're still not convinced – you'll surely find something trustful to rely on.