The citizens of Taiwan, same as many other nationalities, are exempt from getting a Canada visa if they wish to travel to Canada for short visits. However, you are still required to obtain a travel document. We are talking about a Canada ETA, but that can be acquired online. If you use the services rendered by iVisa, it can be yours in just 30 minutes.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Taiwan – requirements
The first thing you must handle before you begin the online application process is to make sure that you meet the requirements. Fortunately, the list is short and contains nothing out of the ordinary. You will need the following:
- Passport – all applicants who wish to obtain a Canada ETA must be passport holders. However, before you apply, check your passport’s expiry date because it needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada.
- E-mail address – while the Canada ETA is electronically linked to your passport, you will receive a copy of the authorization via e-mail in PDF format. You are not required to have a physical copy on you, but you can still print one out just in case you need it.
- Means of payment – during the online application process, you will be required to make the payment. iVisa is versatile as far as paying for its services goes, which is why you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid methods of payment. You can use the one that is most convenient for you.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Taiwan – processing time and fees
The amount of money you are charged for a Canada ETA depends on which processing time option you select when you fill in the application form. iVisa gives you three choices so that you can go for the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and cheapest option you are given by iVisa. Your application is processed in 24 hours, but you only have to pay $19.50 for your ETA.
- Rush processing – if you are looking for a faster option, then you should go for this one. Your Canada ETA is ready within 2 hours since your request is submitted, and the cost is $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – since this is the fastest option at hand, it is the most expensive. You are charged $69.50, but your application is processed within only 30 minutes.
The content of the application form
In order for you to know what to expect when you access the application page, we will provide a short description of the application form. However, you should know that if you need help at any moment, iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7 and is free of charge.
You will notice that the form you have to complete consists of three steps. The first one asks that you provide your personal information, as well as to select a processing time from the options listed above. The second step expects you to make the payment and review your form, while the third wants you to upload the necessary documents that support your application. As soon as you are done, you can submit your request and iVisa will take it from there.
The bottom line is that as a citizen of Taiwan, you only need to apply for a Canada ETA if your trip to Canada is short (i.e., tourism purposes). The electronic authorization is valid for 5 years since issue (or until your passport expires if that happens first), and you can use it as many times as you want in those 5 years. However, you can only stay in Canada for up to 6 months per visit.