According to Canada’s visa policy, the citizens of the Bahamas are among the many nationalities that are not required to get a visa when visiting Canada for tourism purposes. As a Bahamian, you qualify for a Canada ETA, which means that you can obtain your travel document online. With the help of iVisa, you can get it in just 30 minutes.
Canada Visa for the citizens of the Bahamas – requirements
The first thing you have to do before starting the online application process is to ensure that you are ready to provide iVisa with everything necessary. Lucky for you, the list is not very long, and you should not experience any difficulties in acquiring everything on it. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA unless you are a passport holder. But that is not all. The travel document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada, so make sure to check your passport’s expiry date before you apply for your ETA.
- E-mail address – you need to provide iVisa with a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires that you make the payment online as well. To that effect, you need to have a valid method of payment. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever you find most convenient.
Canada Visa for the citizens of the Bahamas – the online application form
Now that you know what is needed for the online process, we would like to talk about the application form as well so that you know what to expect. But first, you should know that if you need help at any time, you can contact iVisa’s customer support. The service can be reached via online chat or phone 24/7 and is entirely free of charge.
There are three steps you need to complete. The first one wants you to give your personal information, passport info, and travel details. You must also opt for a processing time for your application, an action which establishes how much your Canada ETA is going to cost. You are presented with three options:
- Standard processing – if time is not an issue, you can opt for the slowest and cheapest choice you have at hand. By choosing this option, your application for a Canada ETA is processed within 24 hours, and the cost is $19.50.
- Rush processing – speeding things up a little, this option delivers your Canada ETA within just 2 hours. The cost, on the other hand, goes a little higher. You are charged $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – if you choose this option, you can apply for your Canada ETA on your way to the airport. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you are charged $69.50.
The second step consists of payment and revision, while the third requires you to upload the documents that support your application. As soon as you are done with all the steps, you can click the submit button, and iVisa will take it from there.
Needless to say, the online application process of getting a Canada Visa for the citizens of the Bahamas does not involve much effort on your part. The document you receive is valid for 5 years since issue or until your passport expires if that happens first. You are granted multiple entries and you can stay in Canada for up to 6 months per entry.