The citizens of the Czech Republic are among the many nationalities that are exempt from getting a Canada visa when they travel to Canada. However, if you plan to travel by air, you need to apply for a Canada ETA before your departure. Lucky for you, the electronic authorization is easy to obtain online, and with iVisa, it can be yours in just 30 minutes.
Canada Visa for the citizens of the Czech Republic – requirements
We are happy to let you know that the Canada ETA is not a demanding document to obtain. In fact, you need very few things, and chances are that you already have them. iVisa will ask you to have at hand the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA unless you are a passport holder. But that is not all. The travel document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada, so make sure to check your passport’s expiry date before you apply for your ETA.
- E-mail address – you need to provide iVisa with a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – an online application process requires that you make the payment online as well. To that effect, you need to have a valid method of payment. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever you find most convenient.
Canada Visa for the citizens of the Czech Republic – the online application form
Once you put together everything that you need, you can proceed to fill in the application form. That should not be difficult for you, but just in case you need some assistance, iVisa’s customer support is reachable via online chat or phone 24/7, and it is entirely free of charge.
The form you must go over is broken down into three simple steps.
The first one asks for your personal information such as name, address, phone number, date of birth, and so on. Some details about your trip and passport number are also needed. At the same time, you are required to choose a processing time for your application so that the cost of your Canada ETA can be established. iVisa came up with three choices:
- Standard processing – if time is not an issue, you can opt for the slowest and cheapest choice you have at hand. By choosing this option, your application for a Canada ETA is processed within 24 hours, and the cost is $19.50.
- Rush processing – speeding things up a little, this option delivers your Canada ETA within just 2 hours. The cost, on the other hand, goes a little higher. You are charged $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – if you choose this option, you can apply for your Canada ETA on your way to the airport. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you are charged $69.50.
The second step wants you to cover the payment and carefully go over your application to make sure it does not include any mistakes.
The third requires you to upload any documents that support your request. As soon as you are done with all of it, you can submit your application and iVisa will take care of the rest.
The bottom line is that the citizens of the Czech Republic do not need a visa for Canada, but you are required to apply for a Canada ETA if you travel by air. The electronic travel authorization is valid for 5 years since issue, you can use it to go to Canada as many times as you want, but you cannot stay there for more than 6 months per visit.
Yixi (Sophia) Li is the co-author of this article. She is a licensed immigration consultant (RCIC) who has been working with an immigration law firm since 2016. She is also a licensed paralegal in Ontario and a notary public. She has a Masters of Law. In 2018, she founded Mainstay Immigration Law Firm and Yixi Li Legal Firm.