The citizens of the Netherlands, like other 53 nationalities, are exempt from getting a visa when traveling to Canada for short stays. As a Dutch national, however, if you travel by air, you are required to obtain a Canada ETA before your departure. iVisa can help you with that so that you can have your electronic authorization in just 30 minutes.
Canada Visa for the citizens of the Netherlands – the requirements
Before anything else, you must make sure that you have at hand everything necessary for a successful application process. That should not be a complicated task. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – all applicants who wish to obtain a Canada ETA must be passport holders. However, before you apply, check your passport’s expiry date because it needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada.
- E-mail address – while the Canada ETA is electronically linked to your passport, you will receive a copy of the authorization via e-mail in PDF format. You are not required to have a physical copy on you, but you can still print one out just in case you need it.
- Means of payment – during the online application process, you will be required to make the payment. iVisa is versatile as far as paying for its services goes, which is why you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid methods of payment. You can use the one that is most convenient for you.
Canada Visa for the citizens of the Netherlands – processing time and fees
How much money you spend on your Canada ETA is established by the processing time option you select when you get to the application form. iVisa gives you three choices so that you can opt for the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and cheapest option you are given by iVisa. Your application is processed in 24 hours, but you only have to pay $19.50 for your ETA.
- Rush processing – if you are looking for a faster option, then you should go for this one. Your Canada ETA is ready within 2 hours since your request is submitted, and the cost is $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – since this is the fastest option at hand, it is the most expensive. You are charged $69.50, but your application is processed within only 30 minutes.
About the application form
Now that you know most of the information about the Canada ETA, we consider that you will find useful some info about what to expect when you fill in the form. But before we describe it to you step by step, bear in mind that iVisa’s customer support is available 24/7 and free of charge should you need a little help.
The first step of the application form focuses on general information about yourself and your trip, as well as on processing time. The second step requires you to cover the payment and revise your form, and the third expects you to upload the documents that support your application. Once you are done with all three steps, feel free to submit your request. iVisa will handle all the bureaucracy that follows.
So, while the citizens of the Netherlands are not required to apply for a visa when they travel to Canada for short visits, you still need to obtain a Canada ETA if you travel by air. The travel authorization is valid for 5 years since issuance, you are granted multiple entries and you can stay in Canada for as much as 6 months each time you visit.