According to Canada’s visa policy, everyone who has a Vatican citizenship can travel to Canada without a visa provided that they go there for short stays. However, it is necessary for you to apply for a Canada ETA before your departure if you travel by air. iVisa can facilitate the process of getting the electronic authorization so that you can have it in your possession in as little as 30 minutes.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Vatican City – requirements
One of the best things about a Canada ETA is that the online application process is not demanding at all. Inf act, you will need very few items. They are as follows:
- Passport – all applicants who wish to obtain a Canada ETA must be passport holders. However, before you apply, check your passport’s expiry date because it needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada.
- E-mail address – while the Canada ETA is electronically linked to your passport, you will receive a copy of the authorization via e-mail in PDF format. You are not required to have a physical copy on you, but you can still print one out just in case you need it.
- Means of payment – during the online application process, you will be required to make the payment. iVisa is versatile as far as paying for its services goes, which is why you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid methods of payment. You can use the one that is most convenient for you.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Vatican City – the online application form
After you manage to gather everything necessary for the application process, you can proceed to fill in the form. The task at hand is not at all complicated, and it should take you about 20 minutes to complete. If you need some help, you can contact iVisa’s customer support 24/7. The service is free of charge.
The form you are asked to go through consists of three steps. The first one wants your general information, as well as some info regarding your passport and your trip. You also must select a processing time for your application, an action which has an effect on the cost of your Canada ETA. As far as that is concerned, iVisa provides you with three options:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and cheapest option you are given by iVisa. Your application is processed in 24 hours, but you only have to pay $19.50 for your ETA.
- Rush processing – if you are looking for a faster option, then you should go for this one. Your Canada ETA is ready within 2 hours since your request is submitted, and the cost is $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – since this is the fastest option at hand, it is the most expensive. You are charged $69.50, but your application is processed within only 30 minutes.
The second step should take even less time. All you have to do is to handle the payment and read your form carefully to make sure that the information in it is 100% correct. The third step just wants you to upload the documents that support your application. Once you are done, you can click on the submit button and iVisa will deliver the ETA in the agreed timeframe.
The bottom line is that the citizens of Vatican City do not need a Canada visa (the consular kind) when they travel to Canada for short stays. A Canada ETA, however, is necessary. The authorization maintains its validity for 5 years since issue, during which you can go to Canada as often as you want. You can stay there only for 6 months at a time.