A trip to Canada may require you to get a visa or an ETA, depending on your country of origin. The latter is available for all visa-exempt nationalities except the citizens of the US who do not need it. If you wish to find out whether or not you are eligible for a Canada ETA, you can use iVisa’s Visa Checker. The feature is located in the top right corner of this page. Choose your country of origin from the drag-down menu on the left, and put down Canada in the menu on the right. The result will tell you what you need to know.
Plenty of people apply for a Canada ETA each year, but before they do, they have many questions regarding the document itself and the application process. iVisa is more than happy to assists you with any questions you may have, which is why our support service is at your disposal 24/7. We do not charge you if you choose to use the service.
To make things easier, when you are looking for information about the ETA for Canada, we provide a phone number you can call. In fact, we have several so that you can use the one you think best. They are as follows:
- For the United States - +1 (786) 574-6055
- For Australia - +61 2 8188 3959
- For the United Kingdom - +44 113 320 4725
- For India - +91 33 4603 8390
We also have a live chat feature you can use. A consultant will answer your questions or help you apply no matter the time of day and night. An e-mail address is at your disposal as well.
What you should know about the Canada ETA
While you can use any means of communication to get in touch with us, we hope that our blog is the most helpful source of information. You should be able to find everything you need to know if you explore our articles. In the meantime, there are a few things about the Canada ETA you should know.
- You need it only if you travel by air – a Canada ETA is necessary only if you decide to fly to the country. If you plan to cross the border with the US or arrive by sea, you do not need an electronic authorization.
- The requirements are easy to meet – apart from a valid passport, an e-mail address, and an online means of payment, you do not need anything else. The only exception regards Brazilian citizens. They need to provide proof that they had a Canadian visa in the last ten years or they currently have a valid US non-immigrant visa.
- The Canada ETA is valid for 5 years – that is the general rule, but it is not always the case. The visa policy of Canada states that the ETA is valid for 5 years or until your passport expires. So, if your passport expires before the 5 years pass, your ETA will expire prematurely as well. A new passport means that you need to apply for a new ETA.
- You can stay in Canada for up to 180 days per entry – in some case, you can extend your stay, but you need to apply for the extension at least 30 days before the 180-day period expires.
A Canada ETA is not a complicated affair. You should be able to go through the application process easily. However, you can use one of the phone numbers above just in case you need clarification about anything. We are more than happy to help any way that we can.