Since the 1st of January 2019 Cape Verde introduced a Pre-Arrival Registration to citizens of most European and African countries. The Pre-Arrival Registration can be easily done online through iVisa at Cape Verde visa. The process is very fast and simple. The Pre-Arrival Registration is a single-entry document which is valid for a 30-day stay in Cape Verde. The citizens of the following countries are able to apply for Cape Verde Pre-Arrival Registration: all citizens of the European Union, Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Hong Kong, Iceland, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Macau, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Switzerland, Timor-Leste, and Togo.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
What do I need when I send the Pre-Arrival Registration application online?
When applying for Cape Verde Pre-Arrival Registration the following documents are needed:
- All applicants, including children above 2 years old, will need a passport that needs to be valid for 6 months after departure from Cape Verde.
- Confirmed travel dates and documents to prove these travel plans.
- Children under 2 years old are exempt from applying for Cape Verde Pre-Arrival Registration process. Important to note: Upon arrival in Cape Verde, you will need to present the following documents:
- Passport that is valid for at least 6 months after departure from Cape Verde.
- Approved and valid Pre-Arrival Registration document.
How long is the processing time of my application?
With iVisa, you have three different options for processing times. You can choose the option which best suits your travel plan. The options are:
- Standard processing – your Cape Verde Pre-Arrival registration will be ready in 10 days.
- Rush processing – the process will be done in 8 days.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready in only 6 days.
What is the cost for the Cape Verde Pre-Arrival Registration?
The cost of the Pre-Arrival Registration will depend on the chosen processing time. Please check your processing time cost according to your country as it also varies depending on the country of origin.
Is there any additional information for Cape Verde Pre-Arrival Registration?
iVisa online offers Pre-Arrival Registrations for anyone who is a citizen of the countries listed above. The process is very simple and secure. Only an internet connection and a debit/credit card are needed which makes it possible for applicants to apply from anywhere in the world. For any possible changes to visa conditions, which may sometimes happen with very short notice, it is advisable to confirm the conditions with the nearest embassy or another consular service. It is good to know that the approval of the Pre-Arrival Registration does not automatically guarantee entry to Cape Verde. The Immigration Officers may deny entry if they consider a person not to fulfill the immigration requirements or to be of national security risk to the country.
How long is my Cape Verde Pre-Arrival Registration valid for?
The Cape Verde Pre-Arrival Registration is valid for 30 days after arrival. This is a single-entry visa and the maximum stay is 30 days.