Costa Rica’s government announced on October 2nd, 2020 that most of the foreign citizens will be allowed to visit Costa Rica starting on November 1st. The only thing that’s necessary for that is the Costa Rica Health Pass.
This country launched this document to activate the economy and tourism again. However, this document isn’t the only thing required, as the traveler applying for it will also need a Costa Rica Travel Insurance.
At iVisa.com we understand how tedious might be to find out information about the Costa Rica Travel Insurance Price and the requirements to get the Health Pass online. Therefore, we’ve written this article for you so that you can get this information easily.
Note: Since April 1st, 2022, the Costa Rica Health Pass is no longer necessary to enter the country.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the meaning of the Costa Rica Health Pass?
The Costa Rica Health Pass is an online requirement designed to screen international visitors and therefore reduce the risks associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. This travel document is mandatory to enter Costa Rica while the COVID-19 is still present, as it helps the immigration officers to notify travelers if there’s any danger related to the COVID-19.
For your benefit, you can effortlessly get this document by completing an online form. You can locate this form on our webpage, iVisa.com.
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Costa Rica?
No, you don't need a COVID vaccination certificate to enter Costa Rica.
Accepted vaccines are AstraZeneca, Janssen, Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, Sinovac, Sinopharm, Covaxin.
You are considered vaccinated if all doses of a vaccine against SARS-Cov-2 have been administered for at least two weeks before traveling.
Who needs a Costa Rica Health Pass?
Any foreign traveler wishing to visit Costa Rica. Nevertheless, some countries might also need a paper visa, which is why we suggest verifying this information first on this link.
It is not mandatory to present a negative COVID-19 PCR test result for the application form or to enter the country, but this is subject to change depending on how the health situation develops.
Read more about the Health Pass and the Costa Rica Travel Insurance Price here.
What items and documents are required to get the Health Pass?
You can obtain the health pass online by using iVisa.com.
To receive this paper successfully you have to get these items first:
- The most important is the scan of your passport’s information page. This way, your travel data, and your contact details can be registered.
- You also have to give proof of your return tickets.
- Another thing you have to offer is valid proof of your accommodation.
- An email address: The Health Pass will be delivered by email so you have to give a valid email address.
- Payment alternatives: pay for the document using a valid credit/debit card.
How much does the Costa Rica Health Pass cost?
You have to pay for this document when applying online, but remember that this price doesn’t include the Costa Rica Travel Insurance Price.
At iVisa.com, you can choose any of these options when applying online:
- Standard processing plan: you can select this option if you’re not in a rush as it has the least expensive price (USD 26.00) and it takes just a bit more time to process (24 hours).
- Rush processing plan: compared to the former alternative, this one gets your health pass faster (4 hours), but it also has a higher price (USD 45.50).
- Super Rush processing plan: this is an excellent option when you’re in a rush. It prepares your Health Pass faster than the other options (30 minutes), but it is much more expensive (USD 78.00).
What is the Costa Rica Travel Insurance Price?
The Costa Rica Travel Insurance Price might vary depending more on your personal preferences, like the company you choose and the coverage.
However, keep in mind the following information about travel insurance when entering Costa Rica:
- If you choose your international travel insurance, the policy must cover at least USD 50,000 of medical expenses in cases of COVID-19 in Costa Rica.
- You can also select a Costa Rican travel insurance. In that case, the policy must cover medical expenses related to COVID-19, including medicine, for at least USD 20,000.
Keep in mind that The National Insurance Institute of Costa Rica (INS) is also providing travel insurance policies for foreign travelers at reasonable prices. The average price is from $9.50 to $21.50 per person.
Learn more about the Costa Rica Travel Insurance Price here.
How do I apply for a Costa Rica Health Pass?
If you want to obtain the Costa Rica Health Pass the simplest and most reliable way possible, we suggest you follow these steps and apply with iVisa.com:
- Write down your general information on this form and choose the procedure time.
- Verify the information you previously wrote and pay for the online document according to the processing option you chose by clicking on ‘review and check out’.
- Attach the items to the form and click on ‘submit’ to finish the entire online process.
Get more information regarding the Costa Rica Travel Insurance Price by visiting this page.
Is iVisa.com a safe option to get the Health Pass?
We’ve operated different travel certificates for many years without putting our clients' information in danger, so you can trust our online platform.
We charge a small price on these documents just because we prepare them as quickly as possible so you can get them in your email inbox safely without wasting time at consulates or embassies, and without making long queues at the airport.
You can check our reviews if you have more questions about what we offer.
Where can I learn more about the Costa Rica Travel Insurance Price?
If you want personal help, our customer assistance service is ready to assist 24/7. If you prefer to read more details, you can visit our website, iVisa.com, and get more info about the Costa Rica Travel Insurance Price. You can also contact us via email at [email protected]