According to Cuba’s visa policy, most nationalities are eligible for a Cuba e-visa. Only 20 nationalities are compelled to go to a Cuban diplomatic mission to get a visa. The rest can apply for a Cuba Tourist Card online. You can do the same using the services provided by iVisa. The entire process is online, and you can get your visa in as little as 1 business day. All you have to do is fill in an online application form.
What are the requirements for a Cuba e-visa?
The requirements for online application can be meet effortlessly.iVisa will not ask you to upload any documents. You need a passport, and to fill in a personal and travel information form. Nevertheless, when you reach your destination in Cuba, you are required to provide the following documents:
- Valid passport – the passport needs to keep its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Cuba. If it does not, you need to apply for a renewal.
- Tourist Card – this is the document you will receive from iVisa via postal mail.
- A flight itinerary both to and from Cuba
- Travel insurance – this is a rule that was introduced back in 2010. If you do not have travel insurance, you have the option to purchase a policy before your departure, as well as when you arrive in Cuba.
Children also require their own Tourist Card. The Cuban government does not allow minors to travel to Cuba on their parents’ visa.
How to apply for a Cuba e-visa?
The application process designed by iVisa is short and straightforward. You need to fill in a 2-step application form, but that should take you no more than 10 minutes. If you have questions or you need some help with the application, you can contact iVisa’s support service 24/7. The service is free of charge.
The first step requires you to provide personal and travel information. You must also select a visa type and a processing type, both of which affect the cost of the e-visa. As for the former, there are two options. US citizens must select the USA Tourist Card, while all the other eligible nationalities must opt for the International Tourist Card. Regarding the processing time, iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one you need the most. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is processed, and your Tourist card arrives within 3 to 5 business days. This processing time costs $55.
- Rush processing – your Tourist card arrives within 1 to 3 business days, and the cost is $75.
- Super Rush processing – you will have your Cuba Tourist card in 1 business day, and you will be charged $95. The shipping is included in the price in all three cases.
The fees above apply to the International Tourist Card. The USA Tourist Card costs $110, $130, and $150 respectively. The second step will ask you to revise step one and make the payment. The revision is essential because any errors in your application can cause you to repeat the application process. Check for inaccuracies and typos before you submit your application. The payment can be made using one of the several means accepted by iVisa. You can use a credit/debit card, a Paypal account, WeChat, or Alipay. Once the payment is made, you can submit your application and wait for the Cuba e-visa to arrive via postal mail in the timeframe you selected.
The conclusion is that if you are eligible, you can get an e-visa for Cuba easily. All you have to do is fill in the application, and iVisa will handle the rest. The Cuba e-visa allows you to spend 30 days inside the country (90 for Canadian citizens), but you have the opportunity to extend the visa with no more than 30 days (90 for Canadians). You are granted a single entry.