What are the requirements?
iVisa asks very little of you when you fill in the application. Unlike many other visas, the Cuba Tourist Card does not require the upload of any documents. However, you do need a passport. All you have to do is fill in a personal and travel information form, and iVisa will send you the Tourist Card. However, once you arrive in Cuba, you need to present the following documents:
- Valid passport – the passport you have needs to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Cuba. If it is not, you need to renew it before you apply.
- Tourist Card – this is the equivalent of a Cuba visa that iVisa will send to you via postal mail.
- A flight itinerary both to and from Cuba
- Travel insurance – this is a rule that began to take effect back in 2010. If you do not have travel insurance, you need to purchase one once you arrive in Cuba.
How to apply for a Cuba visa for Canadian citizens
What you need to do is access the application form on iVisa’s website. The form has two simple steps you need to complete, but it should not take more than 10 minutes to do it. Also, if you need some help, iVisa has a fantastic support service that is at your disposal 24/7.
The first step will ask you to fill in your personal information. At this point, you are also required to choose a visa type and a processing time. Since you are Canadian, you need to select the International Tourist Card. As for the processing time, iVisa gives you three options, and each of them comes with its own cost. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application will be processed and your Tourist card delivered in 3 to 5 business days. This option costs $55.
- Rush processing – your Tourist card will arrive within 1 to 3 business days, and the fee is $75
- Super Rush processing – you will have your Cuba Tourist card in 1 business day, and you will be charged $95. The feed above include free shipping.
The second step consists of payment and a quick revision. The latter is very important since any mistakes can lead to you going through the process once again. Corrections are not possible after you application reaches processing, which is pretty fast after you submit it. iVisa accepts multiple means of payment so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you. You can use a credit/debit card, a Paypal account, Alipay, and WeChat. Once the payment has gone through, you are done, and all that is left for you to do is to wait for your Tourist Card to arrive in the timeframe you selected.
As you can see, getting a Cuba visa for Canadian citizens is not difficult at all with iVisa. You just fill in an online form, and you are done. The document allows you to stay up to 90 days in Cuba, but you can ask for an extension for another 90 days. You are granted a single entry.