Germany, like the rest of EU countries, is on the list of states whose nationals are eligible for a Cuba Tourist Card. It means that you do not have to go to the nearest Cuban embassy to apply for a visa, but you can apply online using the services rendered by iVisa. The process is entirely online, and all you have to do is fill in an application form. You can have your Cuba Tourist Card in as little as 24 hours if you apply in the AM.
What are the requirements?
During the application process, iVisa will ask very little of you. You do not have to upload any documents. All you need is a passport and to fill in a personal and travel information form. However, when you arrive in Cuba, the immigration officer at the airport will ask you to provide the following documents:
- Valid passport – the document needs to keep its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Cuba. If it does not, you need to apply for a renewal.
- Tourist Card – this is the document you will receive from iVisa via postal mail.
- A flight itinerary both to and from Cuba
- Travel insurance – this is a rule that was introduced back in 2010. If you do not have travel insurance, you have the option to purchase a policy before your departure, as well as when you arrive in Cuba.
You should also be aware of the fact that if you want to travel with your children, they cannot enter Cuba on your visa. You need to apply for a Tourist Card for each of them.
Cuba visa for German passport holders – the application process
iVisa has created a short and straightforward application process. You need to fill in an application process, but it takes only 10 minutes to do it. If you need help with it or you have questions, you can contact iVisa’s support service 24/7. The service is free of charge.
The application form has two steps. The first one requires you to fill in a personal and travel information form. At this point, you are also asked to choose a visa type and a processing time. The former is easy to establish because as a German citizen, you need to opt for the International Tourist Card. The processing time, on the other hand, can be chosen according to preference or need. iVisa gives you three options, each of them having its own cost. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is processed, and your Tourist card arrives within 3 to 5 business days. This processing time costs $55.
- Rush processing – your Tourist card arrives within 1 to 3 business days, and the cost is $75.
- Super Rush processing – you will have your Cuba Tourist card in 1 business day, and you will be charged $95. The shipping is included in the price in all three cases.
The second step of the application form consists of revision and payment. You need to make sure that all the information you provided in step one is accurate and does not contain typos. Otherwise, you may have to repeat the process. As for the payment, iVisa accepts multiple means of payment. You can use a credit/debit card, a Paypal account, Alipay, or WeChat. Once the payment is made, you can submit your application and wait for your Tourist Card to arrive via postal mail in the timeframe of your choice.
The bottom line is that the Cuba visa for German passport holders has never been so easy to obtain. The fact that you can apply online makes things a lot easier than they used to be, and iVisa makes the whole process effortless. The Cuba Tourist Card allows you to stay in Cuba for 30 days, but you have the possibility of extending it for another 30 days. You are granted a single entry.