What are the requirements?
One of the best aspects of an online application is that the requirements are easy to meet. iVisa does not ask much of you, and you do not have any documents to upload. All you are required to do is to provide a valid passport and fill in an application form with details regarding yourself and your trip. However, once you get to Cuba, you need to provide the following:
- Passport – the passport you have needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Cuba. If it does not, you need to get a new one.
- Tourist Card – the document that iVisa will send to you via postal mail.
- A flight itinerary both to and from Cuba
- Travel insurance – this is a rule that began to take effect back in 2010. If you do not have travel insurance, you have the option to purchase one once you arrive in Cuba. Any child that may travel with you to Cuba needs to have his or her own Tourist Card. Cuba does not allow children to enter the country on their parents’ documents.
Cuba visa for the citizens of Australia – the application form
You will have an easy time filling in iVisa’s application form. It has two simple steps, and you will spend about 10 minutes going through them. If you need assistance, iVisa has a fantastic support service that can be contacted 24/7. The service is free of charge.
Step number one will ask you to provide information about you and your trip. You must also select a processing time and a visa type. The latter is easy because as an Australian, you need to opt for the International Tourist Card. As for the processing time, iVisa provides three options so that you can choose whichever fits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is processed, and your Tourist card arrives in 3 to 5 business days. This processing time costs $55.
- Rush processing – your Tourist card arrives within 1 to 3 business days, and the cost is $75.
- Super Rush processing – you will have your Cuba Tourist card in 1 business day, and you will be charged $95. The shipping is included in the price in all three cases.
The second step will ask you to take a quick look at what you provided during step one and make the payment. The revision is very important because any errors in your form can have you repeat the application process. Look for inaccuracies and typos. The fee can be paid using credit/debit cards, Paypal, Alipay, or WeChat. Once the payment is all set, you can submit your application and wait for the Tourist Card to arrive. You will get it via postal mail.
As you can see, you can easily get a Cuba visa for the citizens of Australia. All you are required to do is have some documents and fill in a form. iVisa will take care of the rest. The Cuba Tourist Card grants you a single entry, and you can spend up to 30 days in Cuba. If necessary, you can get a 30-day extension.