Ireland is among the countries whose citizens can apply online for a Cuba visa. It is called Tarjeta del Turista or a Tourist Card. You can use the services provided by iVisa to obtain it online, and the process is quite straightforward. iVisa will do most of the work. You just need to fill in an application form, and you can have your Tourist Card I as little as one business day.
What are the requirements?
iVisa will not ask much of you. No documents are required for upload. You just need to fill in a personal and travel information form and have a valid passport. The rest is out of your hands. However, once you land in Cuba, the immigration officer will ask you to present the following documents:
- Valid passport – the document needs to keep its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Cuba. If it does not, you need to apply for a renewal.
- Tourist Card – this is the document you will receive from iVisa via postal mail.
- A flight itinerary both to and from Cuba
- Travel insurance – this is a rule that was introduced back in 2010. If you do not have travel insurance, you have the option to purchase a policy before your departure, as well as when you arrive in Cuba.
If you travel with your children, they need to have their own Tourist Card. Cuba does not allow children to cross the border on their parents’ visa.
How to apply for a Cuba Tourist Card
iVisa has designed a straightforward application process. The application form is short but comprehensive. You do not need more than 10 minutes to fill it in. If you need assistance with it, iVisa has an excellent support service that you can contact by phone or char 24/7. The service is free of charge.
There are 2 steps you need to complete. The first one consists of the personal and travel information form mentioned above. You need to select a visa type and a processing time as well. The visa type should be easy to select. As an Irish citizen, you need to opt for the International Tourist Card. As for the processing time, iVisa gives you three options so that you can go for the one that is best for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is processed, and your Tourist card arrives within 3 to 5 business days. This processing time costs $55.
- Rush processing – your Tourist card arrives within 1 to 3 business days, and the cost is $75.
- Super Rush processing – you will have your Cuba Tourist card in 1 business day, and you will be charged $95. The shipping is included in the price in all three cases.
The second and last step of the application form will ask you to revise step one and make the payment. It is essential that you check the information you provide so that there are no inaccuracies or typos. You do not want to repeat the process, do you? Regarding the payment, iVisa accepts multiple means of payment such as credit/debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat. Once you make the payment, you can submit your application form and then wait for the Tourist Card to arrive via postal mail in the timeframe you selected.
It is quite obvious that getting a Cuba visa for the citizens of Ireland is more than convenient. You apply online, so you do not have to go anywhere, and iVisa does most of the work. The Cuba Tourist Card allows you to stay 30 days in Cuba, but you can extend your visa with another 30 days. You are granted just one entry.