The citizens of Portugal are eligible for a Cuba Tourist Card, which means that you are no longer needed to go to the nearest embassy to get your visa for Cuba. Instead, you can apply online for a Cuba Tourist Card employing the services provided by iVisa. The application process is entirely online, and you can have your visa in just one business day. iVisa will take care of all the hard work, and all you have to do is fill in a form.
What are the requirements?
A Cuba Tourist Card does not have many requirements, and those that you have to meet are more than accessible. You only need a passport to get started and fill in an application form. Nevertheless, when you reach your destination in Cuba, you need to have the following documents on you:
- Passport – the passport you have needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Cuba. If it does not, you need to get a new one.
- Tourist Card – the document that iVisa will send to you via postal mail.
- A flight itinerary both to and from Cuba
- Travel insurance – this is a rule that began to take effect back in 2010. If you do not have travel insurance, you have the option to purchase one once you arrive in Cuba. Note: Children also need to have their own Tourist Card since they cannot travel on their parents’ documents.
The application process
The application form created by iVisa is quite straightforward. It should not take you more than 10 minutes to complete, and if you need some help, iVisa provides customer support 24/7. There are two simple steps you need to go through. The first one includes a personal and travel information form, but you must also choose a visa type and a processing time.
The second step consists only of revision and payment. The revision is very important since you cannot correct any errors after your application reaches processing. As for payment, you can use one of the many means iVisa accepts. You can pay with a credit/debit card/ Paypal, Alipay, or WeChat. After the payment is made, you can submit your application and wait for your Tourist Card to arrive in the timeframe of your choosing.
Cuba visa for the citizens of Portugal – processing time and fees
The cost of your visa depends on two aspects: the visa type and the processing time you select while you fill in the application. The visa type is easy to figure out. All non-US citizens must apply for an International Tourist Card, so that is the one you choose.
Regarding the processing time, you can choose from three options iVisa provides. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is processed, and your Tourist card arrives in 3 to 5 business days. This processing time costs $55.
- Rush processing – your Tourist card arrives within 1 to 3 business days, and the cost is $75.
- Super Rush processing – you will have your Cuba Tourist card in 1 business day, and you will be charged $95. The shipping is included in the price in all three cases.
As you can see, getting a Cuba visa for the citizens of Portugal is reasonably straightforward. You can apply online, and the Tourist Card arrives pretty fast. iVisa handles all the heavy lifting so that you can avoid all the bureaucratic hassle you usually encounter at the Cuban embassy. The document you receive allows you to stay in Cuba for maximum 30 days, but you can extend your stay for another 30 days. You are granted a single entry.