According to Cuba’s visa policy, The United Arab Emirates is among the many countries whose citizens have access to a Cuba Tourist Card. As a consequence, you do not have to go to the Cuban embassy and get your visa. You can simply apply online, employing the services rendered by iVisa. The process is entirely online, and you will have an easy time going through it. Just fill in an online application form, and you can get your Cuba Tourist Card in no more than 24 hours (if you apply in the AM).
What are the requirements?
When you apply online, iVisa will ask very little of you. You do not have to upload any additional documents. You just need a passport and to fill in a form with details about yourself and your trip. Nonetheless, when you land in Cuba, you will be required to provide the following documents at immigration:
- Valid passport – the document needs to keep its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Cuba. If it does not, you need to apply for a renewal.
- Tourist Card – this is the document you will receive from iVisa via postal mail.
- A flight itinerary both to and from Cuba
- Travel insurance – this is a rule that was introduced back in 2010. If you do not have travel insurance, you have the option to purchase a policy before your departure, as well as when you arrive in Cuba.
Any children that accompany you must have their own Tourist Card because they are not allowed to travel on your documents.
Cuba visa for the citizens of UAE – processing time and fees
The cost of your visa depends on two aspects: the visa type and the processing time. The former is easy to select because as an Emirati, you need to go for the International Tourist Card. As for the latter, you can choose the one that suits you best. Your options are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is processed, and your Tourist card arrives within 3 to 5 business days. This processing time costs $55.
- Rush processing – your Tourist card arrives within 1 to 3 business days, and the cost is $75.
- Super Rush processing – you will have your Cuba Tourist card in 1 business day, and you will be charged $95. The shipping is included in the price in all three cases.
The application form
The application form for the Cuba Tourist Card created by iVisa is quite simple. You should complete it in 10 minutes, and iVisa provides assistance 24/7 should you need it. The service is free of charge.
There are two steps you need to complete. The first one consists of personal and travel information, but you need to select the visa type and the processing time at this point. Step number two will ask you to revise step one and make the payment. The revision is more important than you think because errors in your application can cause you to repeat the process. As for payment, iVisa accepts multiple means of payment. You can use credit/debit cards, PayPal, WeChat, or Alipay. Once the payment is made, you submit your application and wait for the Tourist Card to arrive via postal mail within the timeframe you selected.
As you can see, it is fairly easy to obtain a Cuba visa for the citizens of UAE (United Arab Emirates). The process is simple and iVisa does most of the heavy lifting. The Tourist Card grants you a 30-day stay in Cuba, but you can extend it with another 30 days maximum. You are allowed a single entry.