What you need to apply for a visa for Cuba
When you apply online, you do not need much. In fact, iVisa will not ask you to upload any documents. All you need is a passport that remains valid for at least another 6 months from the desired arrival date in Cuba, and to fill in an application. However, when you get to Cuba, you will need the following:
- Passport – the passport needs to be valid for another 6 months from your date of arrival in Cuba.
- Tourist Card – the one that you get from iVisa after you apply.
- Your flight itinerary
- A copy of your travel insurance – this has become a mandatory requirement since 2010.
Visa for Cuba – processing time and fees
When you fill in the application form, you will be required to choose a processing time. Your choice will affect the cost of your visa, but iVisa gives you multiple choices so that you can select one according to your needs and budget. Here is what you can choose:
- Standard processing – your application will be processed and your Tourist card delivered in 3 to 5 business days. You will be charged $110.
- Rush processing – your Tourist card will arrive within 1 to 3 business days, and it will cost you $130.
- Super Rush processing – you will have your Cuba Tourist card in 1 business day, but you will have to pay $150.
Filling in the application form
Application forms are not the most pleasant to fill in. However, the one designed by iVisa is one of the simplest you will ever have to deal with. There are 2 steps you need to complete, and in case you need some help, iVisa has a fantastic support service that can answer your questions 24/7.
The first step of the application form will ask you to fill in your personal information and the expiry date of your passport. At the same time, you need to choose one of the processing times listed above. Then you can move on to step two. This time, you need to revise all the information you provided in step one and make the payment. Make sure that everything you filled in is 100% accurate since corrections are impossible to make after the application reaches processing. As for the payment, iVisa accepts multiple methods, something that you will never experience at an embassy. You can use a credit or a debit card, your PayPal account, Alipay, and WeChat. After you pay, you submit your application, and you will receive the confirmation letter and the Tourist card within the timeframe you selected. It is as simple as that.
While there are multiple ways to get a visa for Cuba, the most convenient one is to apply online for a Tourist Card. Your effort is close to non-existent. The Cuba Tourist card grants you a single entry, and you can spend up to 30 days in Cuba. Except if you are a Canadian, in which case you can stay 90 days.