If you're from New Zealand and you want to travel to Egypt for tourism purposes, then you'll be happy to know that you don't need to go to the nearest Egyptian embassy for a consular visa. You can apply for an Egypt visa online instead.
Do you want to know more about this electronic document? Then we invite you to keep reading this article.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an Egyptian e-Visa for New Zealand Citizens?
This is an authorized document that is electronically linked to your passport and it offers you permission to enter Egypt for tourism purposes.
How many types of e-Visas are there for New Zealanders who want to travel to Egypt?
You're able to have just one type of Egyptian e-Visa, which is the Egypt e-Visa.
How long can New Zealanders stay in Egypt?
As soon as you get your e-Visa, you're able to stay for 30 days in Total in this country.
What are the requirements for this e-Visa?
Before you proceed with the application page, you need to make sure that you have all the requirements. Fortunately, the list is short, and chances are that you already have everything necessary for the process. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – All travelers who need to apply for an Egypt visa online must have a valid passport that maintains its status for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Egypt. Failure to comply leads to a denied request. Also, you must scan your passport’s information page because you will be required to upload it during the application process.
- An address for your destination – You must mention where you are going to stay during your trip. The name of the location and the street are required. If you plan to visit multiple locations, you can put an itinerary.
- E-mail address – Since the electronic visa arrives via e-mail, you will have to provide a valid e-mail address. Do not forget to print out at least one physical copy of your electronic visa before departure.
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa provides multiple options so that you can opt for the one that is most convenient for you. You can make the payment using a credit or a debit card or PayPal account.
How long is the Egypt e-Visa for New Zealand Citizens valid for?
This Electronic Visa is valid for 90 days after issued.
What are the processing times and fees?
The total price of your visa will vary according to the processing time you select when you deal with the application form and the visa type. As for the first, you have three options:
Standard processing time – When you choose this processing time, your Egypt e-visa arrives via e-mail within 3 Business Days. This is the least expensive processing time you can choose 'cause it only costs USD 87.00.
Rush processing time – Your application will be ready within 2 Business Days, and you will have to pay USD 117.00.
Super Rush processing time – If you're on a rush and you need to be on a plane to Egypt as fast as possible, this is the choice for you. Your application will be processed within 12 hours. As you may have guessed, the price goes more expensive as well. You will be charged USD 152.00.
Keep in mind that the fees shown above are the ones for a Single Entry visa, a Single Entry visa is more expensive: USD 87.00, USD 117.00 and USD 152.00, respectively. Both types will allow a maximum stay of 30 days in Total.
If you're ready to fill in your application form, then click here.
How much time do I need to apply?
You need no more than 20 minutes to complete your application form.
How can I apply?
After you get all of the requirements, you can go ahead and fill in the application form. Remember that if you have questions or need some help, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is available anytime.
The application form you are asked to fill in is split into three steps:
The first one asks you to write your personal information, but you also have to choose a processing time for your application, as well as the desired number of entries. Keep in mind that both factors will affect the cost of your Egypt visa.
The second step wants you to cover the payment and carefully review your form. It is essential that all the information you submit is 100% accurate.
And finally, the third step requires you to upload the supporting documents of your application. Once you are done, you can click on the submit button, and iVisa will take it from there.
What you need to remember is that the citizens of New Zealand have an easy time applying for an Egypt visa. iVisa handles all the bureaucracy so that you do not have to.
How many entries am I allowed to have?
This will depend on your type of visa. You can get a single or multiple entry visa. Don't forget that you shouldn't exceed the time limit.
I'm planning to travel with children, do I need to create an account for them too?
No, you don't need to do that. You can apply for them in conjunction with your application.
What documents do I have to show once I arrive?
Once you arrive in Egypt, you have to show the following:
- Passport valid for at least six months after the arrival date.
- Travel itinerary.
- The supporting letter (this can be a letter from a company or an invitation letter for business/family visits).
- Hotel bookings/details about places you plan to visit if you’re going as a tourist.
When should I apply for the Egypt e-Visa?
We can help you with this e-Visa in case of an emergency, so you could easily apply anytime, but it's recommended to apply at least 7 days before your departure.
How does the Egyptian e-Visa look like?