When people plan their trips, they have several aspects in mind like where they are going to stay and how they are going to get there, but there is one thing that must be taken care of first. We do not live in a world where we can go anywhere when we want. Visas are still a thing, and until we can roam the world free, we need them to cross the border.
Ethiopia is a wonderful destination, and there are plenty of things to experience there. However, you cannot enter the country without a visa. Lucky for about 30 nationalities, the Ethiopian Government implemented the evisa, an electronic visa that can be obtained online. That, of course, only if you go there by plane and land on the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport.
One of the primary concerns is the cost. Getting a visa requires a few steps and a few hours of your time. However, that is no longer valid with iVisa. If you are a citizen of one of those 30 eligible countries, you can apply for an evisa in under 20 minutes. You can learn whether you qualify or not using the Visa Checker on iVisa’s website. As for the cost, it is not high, but you will be the judge of that. Until then, here are your options.
The Standard processing time – your visa will arrive via email in three business days, and the fee depends on which type of visa you selected, the 30-day stay or the 90-day stay. The first one cost 87$, and the latter is 107$.
- The Rush processing time – this option cuts the standard by a day, which means your application will be processed within two business days. As for the price, the 30-day visa is 107$ while the 90-day visa is 127$.
- The Super Rush processing time – this is the fastest option you have. Your application will take just one business day to be processed. At the same time, this is also the most expensive choice you can make. The 30-day visa is 152$, and the 90-day visa is 172$.
The fee consists of two parts. One is the cost of the visa, which in this case is 52$ for the 30-day visa and 72$ for the 90-day visa. The rest of the money goes towards iVisa as a service fee.
Aside from the processing time and the type of visa you choose, there is nothing else that can affect the cost. You can make the payment using a credit or a debit card. If you have a Paypal account, iVisa accepts that as well.
The fees are not high, and if you compare the two known ways to get a visa (embassy visit vs. online application), you will see how much more convenient the online process is. You do not have to take leave from work, and you do not have to go to the Ethiopian embassy. That takes time, and in the end, you lose money.
And it is not like the Ethiopian embassy will grant you the visa for free. In the end, using the services provided by iVisa is cheaper, and surely you can see how that is.
Apply for an Ethiopia Visa
- Ethiopia evisa – Because the future is now
- Ethiopia visa application form
- Ethiopia visa fee
- Ethiopia visa for Canadian citizens
- Ethiopia visa for Indian citizens
- Ethiopia visa for South Africa citizens
- Ethiopia visa for UK citizens
- Ethiopia visa for US citizens
- Ethiopia visa requirements
- How to get your Ethiopia visa