As a Filipino citizen, if you wish to travel to Ethiopia for tourism purposes, you do not have to visit the nearest embassy to get a visa. That is because, like all nationalities, you qualify for an electronic visa, meaning that you can apply for an Ethiopia visa online. iVisa can help with the application process, and the travel document can be yours in just 24 hours. However, keep in mind that you can use an e-visa only if you enter Ethiopia via the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport.
Ethiopia Visa for Filipino citizens – requirements
You will be pleased to learn that the requirements for an Ethiopia e-visa are easy to meet. You do not need many documents, and chances are that you already have some of them. Here is what you must put together for the application process:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for an Ethiopia e-visa unless you hold a valid passport. Plus, the document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the day you intend to cross the Ethiopian border.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – you will be required to upload it when you fill in the form.
- A digital passport photo – when it comes to your picture, make sure that it is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – since the entire application process happens online, you will receive your e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out at least one physical copy.
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is versatile. You can make the payment using your credit or debit card, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Ethiopia Visa for Filipino citizens – processing time and fees
The amount of money you spend on your Ethiopia visa depends on the processing time option you select during the application process, as well as on the period of validity you need. As for the former, iVisa gives you three choices so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – this may be the slowest available option, but it is the cheapest as well. Your application is processed within 3 business days, and the cost is $87.
- Rush processing – this time, things move a little bit faster. You receive your Ethiopia visa within 2 business days, but the fee goes a little bit higher. You must pay $117.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your e-visa as soon as possible, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 1 business day, but you are charged $152.
Regarding the validity, keep in mind that the fees above apply for the 30-day Ethiopia visa. You have the option of selecting a document that is valid for 90 days, in which case the cost goes higher with $20 for each processing time.
The application form
After you manage to gather all the documents and information you need, you can go ahead and fill in the application form. It should not take you more than 20 minutes, but if you need assistance, iVisa’s customer support is available 24/7 and free of charge.
The form consists of three easy steps. The first one asks that you provide general information about yourself and your trip, but this is also the point at which you must select a processing time option for your application. The second step requires you to make the payment and carefully review your form, while the third wants you to upload your application’s supporting documents. When you are done, click on the submit button and iVisa will handle the rest.
The bottom line is that Filipino citizens do not have to struggle to get their Ethiopia visa. The e-visa is valid for 30 or 90 days, depending on which option you want to purchase and it grants a single entry. You can stay in Ethiopia until the visa expires.