Citizens of Saudi Arabia may apply for an online visa when planning a trip to Ethiopia. The electronic visa, also known as the eVisa became available in June 2018. Please note, that at the moment electronic visas are only valid for entry into Ethiopia via the Addis Ababa International Airport and eVisas can be valid for up to 3 months. You can go through an easy application process on the page of iVisa using Visa Checker and get your electronic visa for 30 days or 90 days depending on your needs. Saudi Arabians have to have a valid eVisa when arriving in Ethiopia and visas cannot be obtained upon arrival.
To get yourself an eVisa you need to do an application with all the required documents mentioned below:
- A digital copy of your valid passport. Keep in mind that it has to be valid at least 6 months after the day you are going to enter the country. You need to have at least 2 blank pages in the passport. The copy must include the information page.
- A digital photo of the passport-size, which has been taken in the last 6 months.
- The residence permit will be required if the country you apply from differs from the country of your nationality. In that case, it can be a visa sticker in a passport or a written document such as a letter.
- Your valid e-mail address. The visa and additional information about the process will be sent there. The visa will be attached to your passport electronically and all you need is to show your passport and received document when entering the country.
- You will also need a credit card or PayPal account to make a payment online. Saudi Arabians can only pay the visa fees online and it is not possible to pay for it on spot.
Once you have all the documents required you need to fill the application form online. After the visa is granted you will get it to your e-mail. That’s the best part because you don’t have to lose time in the embassy. When entering the country, you will need to have this document and the passport. For now, eVisa entries are possible only at the Addis Ababa International airport. To enter the country via other points of entry you will need a consular visa.
Visa fees & processing time
Concerning the processing time, with eVisa you have three options available:
- A standard visa will be processed in three business days. That is the cheapest one and it costs $87.
- Rush processing will get your visa ready in two business days and this will cost you $117.
- The third option is the most expensive and you will get your visa in the next business day. The cost will be $152.
Finally, you should keep in mind that eVisa can be used only for tourism or seeing family members. Other visas, such as a conference or business visas, can be obtained through the official governmental site of Ethiopia. We kindly remind you, that iVisa or the Saudi Arabian government cannot be of any assistance in case you are denied a visa or entry to Ethiopia.