Since all nationalities are eligible for an electronic visa when traveling to Ethiopia for tourism purposes, it makes sense that Somali citizens are too. Consequently, you an apply for your Ethiopia visa online, and iVisa can help you obtain it in just 24 hours. However, an e-visa is only valid if you enter Ethiopia via the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. Any other point of entry you may use requires a consular visa.
Ethiopia Visa for Somali citizens – the requirements
Before you access the application page to fill in the form, we suggest that you first make sure that that you have everything necessary for the process. Fortunately, you should not go through too much trouble to get what you need, which is as follows:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for an Ethiopia e-visa unless you hold a valid passport. Plus, the document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the day you intend to cross the Ethiopian border.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – you will be required to upload it when you fill in the form.
- A digital passport photo – when it comes to your picture, make sure that it is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – since the entire application process happens online, you will receive your e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out at least one physical copy.
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is versatile. You can make the payment using your credit or debit card, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Ethiopia Visa for Somali citizens – the online application form
After you handle the requirements, you can proceed and fill in the application form. You should not have any troubles in the process, but if you need help, iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
The form you are asked to complete consists of three steps. The first one wants you to provide your personal information, but you also need to select a validity period for your Ethiopia visa, as well as a processing time for your application. Both factors establish how much money you will be charged. As for the latter, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – this may be the slowest available option, but it is the cheapest as well. Your application is processed within 3 business days, and the cost is $87.
- Rush processing – this time, things move a little bit faster. You receive your Ethiopia visa within 2 business days, but the fee goes a little bit higher. You must pay $117.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your e-visa as soon as possible, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 1 business day, but you are charged $152.
The fees above apply for the 30-day Ethiopia visa. You have the option of selecting a document that is valid for 90 days, in which case the cost goes higher with $20 for each processing time.
The second step requires you to make the payment and review your form so that the information you provide is 100% accurate. Otherwise, you can receive an invalid visa. And finally, the last step wants you to upload your application’s supporting documents. After you do that, you can submit your request and iVisa will take it from there.
The bottom line is that Somali citizens have it easy when it comes to applying for an Ethiopia visa. The document is valid for 30 or 90 days, depending on the option you select, and it allows you to stay in Ethiopia until it expires. You are granted a single entry.