According to Ethiopia’s visa policy, Sudanese citizens can travel to Ethiopia without having to get a consular visa. That is because you are eligible for an electronic visa. So, instead of going to an embassy, all you have to do is to apply online for an Ethiopia visa, and iVisa can help with the application process. The travel document can be in your possession in as little as 24 hours. However, you can only travel with an e-visa is you go to Ethiopia visa the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. Other points of entry require a consular visa.
Ethiopia Visa for Sudanese citizens – the requirements
What you will like about the online application process is that it is not as demanding as the consular one. Even so, you still need to make sure that you have the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for an Ethiopia e-visa unless you hold a valid passport. Plus, the document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the day you intend to cross the Ethiopian border.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – you will be required to upload it when you fill in the form.
- A digital passport photo – when it comes to your picture, make sure that it is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – since the entire application process happens online, you will receive your e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out at least one physical copy.
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is versatile. You can make the payment using your credit or debit card, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Ethiopia Visa for Sudanese citizens – the online application form
After you manage to gather all of the above, you can move forward with the process ad fill in the application form. You should not experience any difficulties in the process, but if you need assistance, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is available 24/7 and free of charge.
The form in question has three steps. The first one is interested in your personal information, but it also requires you to pick a processing time for your application and a validity period. Both choices will determine how much you will be charged for your Ethiopia visa. As for processing, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – this may be the slowest available option, but it is the cheapest as well. Your application is processed within 3 business days, and the cost is $87.
- Rush processing – this time, things move a little bit faster. You receive your Ethiopia visa within 2 business days, but the fee goes a little bit higher. You must pay $117.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your e-visa as soon as possible, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 1 business day, but you are charged $152.
Concerning the validity, keep in mind that the prices above apply for the 30-day Ethiopia visa. You have the choice of selecting a document that is valid for 90 days, in which case the cost goes higher with $20 for each processing time.
The second step of the form requires you to make the payment and review the provided information so that it does not contain any mistakes. The third and last step wants you to upload the documents that support your application. After you finish all three steps, you can submit your form and iVisa will handle the rest.
The bottom line is that getting an Ethiopia visa for Sudanese citizens does not require much time of effort. The document you receive is valid for 30 or 90 days (depending on your choice) since the date of your intended arrival in Ethiopia and it allows you to stay there until it expires. You are given a single entry.