According to Ethiopia’s visa policy, Tanzanian citizens, like all nationalities, can travel to Ethiopia without going to the embassy for a consular visa. That is because you are eligible for an electronic visa, which means that you can apply for an Ethiopia visa online. iVisa can help with the application process so that you can get the travel document in as little as 24 hours. However, keep in mind that the e-visa is only valid if you enter Ethiopia via the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. If you plan to use another point of entry, you need a consular visa.
Ethiopia Visa for Tanzanian citizens – the requirements
Before you go ahead and fill in the application form, you should make sure that you have at hand everything necessary for a successful application process. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for an Ethiopia e-visa unless you hold a valid passport. Plus, the document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the day you intend to cross the Ethiopian border.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – you will be required to upload it when you fill in the form.
- A digital passport photo – when it comes to your picture, make sure that it is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – since the entire application process happens online, you will receive your e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out at least one physical copy.
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is versatile. You can make the payment using your credit or debit card, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Ethiopia Visa for Tanzanian citizens – the online application form
As soon as you are ready, you can fill in the form you find on the application page. You should spend about 20 minutes completing this task, but if you have questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer service. It is available 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
The form you have to complete consists of three simple steps. The first one wants you to provide your personal information, but you also have to choose a processing time for your application and a validity period for your Ethiopia visa. Both factors affect the cost of your travel document. As for the former, you are given three choices:
- Standard processing – this may be the slowest available option, but it is the cheapest as well. Your application is processed within 3 business days, and the cost is $87.
- Rush processing – this time, things move a little bit faster. You receive your Ethiopia visa within 2 business days, but the fee goes a little bit higher. You must pay $117.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your e-visa as soon as possible, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 1 business day, but you are charged $152.
Regarding the validity, keep in mind that the fees above apply for the 30-day Ethiopia visa. You have the option of selecting a document that is valid for 90 days, in which case the cost goes higher with $20 for each processing time.
When you get to the second step, you have to take care of the payment and review your form so that you do not submit erred information. Finally, the third step asks that you upload the documents that support your application. When you are finished, click on the submit button and iVisa will take care of the rest.
As you can see, the process of getting a Ethiopia Visa for Tanzanian citizens involves minimal effort. The document is valid for 30 or 90 days, depending on the choice you make, but starting the intended date of entry in Ethiopia. You can stay there until the visa expires and you can use it only once.