German citizens who plan a trip to Ethiopia for tourism purposes should know that they do not need a consular visa. All nationalities are eligible for an electronic visa, meaning that you can apply for an Ethiopia visa online. If you use the services provided by iVisa, the document can be in your possession in just 24 hours. However, keep in mind that the Ethiopia e-visa will only grant you entry if you land at the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. Other points of entry require a consular visa.
Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Germany – the requirements
As you can imagine, the online application process is far less time-consuming and frustrating, but you still need to put together a series of documents and information. The requirements are as follows:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for an Ethiopia e-visa unless you hold a valid passport. Plus, the document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the day you intend to cross the Ethiopian border.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – you will be required to upload it when you fill in the form.
- A digital passport photo – when it comes to your picture, make sure that it is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – since the entire application process happens online, you will receive your e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out at least one physical copy.
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is versatile. You can make the payment using your credit or debit card, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Germany – the online application form
Once you have at hand everything you need, you can proceed to fill in the application form. That should not be a challenge, but if you need assistance, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is reachable via online chat or phone 24/7, and it is entirely free of charge.
iVisa created a 3-step application form. The first one wants you to provide your personal information, but you also have to select a processing time for your application and a validity period for your Ethiopia visa. Both choices will have a say in the cost of your travel document. When it comes to processing, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – this may be the slowest available option, but it is the cheapest as well. Your application is processed within 3 business days, and the cost is $87.
- Rush processing – this time, things move a little bit faster. You receive your Ethiopia visa within 2 business days, but the fee goes a little bit higher. You must pay $117.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your e-visa as soon as possible, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 1 business day, but you are charged $152.
As for validity, keep in mind that the fees above apply for the 30-day Ethiopia visa. You have the option of selecting a document that is valid for 90 days, in which case the cost goes higher with $20 for each processing time.
The second step consists of payment and revision, while the third requires you to upload a few documents. After you are finished, you can click on the submit button and iVisa will deliver the e-visa in the timeframe of your choosing.
As you can see, nothing is challenging about the process of getting an Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Germany. The document is valid for either 30 or 90 days, depending on your choice, it grants a single entry, and you can stay in Ethiopia until its expiration date. Remember that the validity starts from the day of the intended arrival in Ethiopia, not since issue.