As a citizen of Ghana, if you ever decide to travel to Ethiopia for tourism purposes, know that you can avoid the trip at the embassy to obtain a visa. That is because you are eligible for an electronic visa, in which case you can apply online for an Ethiopia visa. iVisa can assist you, and as a result, the travel document is ready to use in just 24 hours. However, bear in mind that the e-visa is only valid at the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. Other points of entry require a consular visa.
Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Ghana – the requirements
While the online application process is not as demanding as the one at the consulate, you still need to make sure that you meet the requirements. However, the list is not very long. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for an Ethiopia e-visa unless you hold a valid passport. Plus, the document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the day you intend to cross the Ethiopian border.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – you will be required to upload it when you fill in the form.
- A digital passport photo – when it comes to your picture, make sure that it is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – since the entire application process happens online, you will receive your e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out at least one physical copy.
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is versatile. You can make the payment using your credit or debit card, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Ghana – the online application form
After you handle the matter of requirements, you can move on and fill in the application form. You should not find the task difficult, but iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7 and free of charge should you need assistance along the way.
The form created by iVisa is broken down into three simple steps. The first one wants your personal information. However, you have to make two choices as well. One regards the period of validity of your Ethiopia visa, while the other concerns the processing time for your application. Both choices will determine the amount of money you will spend. As for the latter, you are given three options:
- Standard processing – this may be the slowest available option, but it is the cheapest as well. Your application is processed within 3 business days, and the cost is $87.
- Rush processing – this time, things move a little bit faster. You receive your Ethiopia visa within 2 business days, but the fee goes a little bit higher. You must pay $117.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your e-visa as soon as possible, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 1 business day, but you are charged $152.
As for validity, keep in mind that the fees above apply for the 30-day Ethiopia visa. You have the option of selecting a document that is valid for 90 days, in which case the cost goes higher with $20 for each processing time.
The second step wants you to handle the payment and carefully review your form so that you do not overlook possible mistakes, while the third is the point at which you have to upload some documents. When you are done, hit the submit button and iVisa will take care of what follows.
The bottom line is that getting an Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Ghana is not a complicated process. The document you receive is valid for 30 or 90 days, depending on your choice, it allows you to travel to Ethiopia just once, and you can stay there until the visa expires.