The visa policy of Ethiopia allows all nationalities to travel there without needing a consular visa. The electronic visa system is accessible to everyone. So, why would the citizens of Hong Kong be any different? You can apply online for an Ethiopia visa, and with Visa’s help, you can have it in just 24 hours. Nevertheless, what you need to remember is that the e-visa allows you to enter Ethiopia only via the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. You need a consular visa for other points of entry.
Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Hong Kong – the requirements
Before you start the online application process, you must gather a series of documents and information that are required for the whole operation. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for an Ethiopia e-visa unless you hold a valid passport. Plus, the document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the day you intend to cross the Ethiopian border.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – you will be required to upload it when you fill in the form.
- A digital passport photo – when it comes to your picture, make sure that it is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – since the entire application process happens online, you will receive your e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out at least one physical copy.
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is versatile. You can make the payment using your credit or debit card, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Hong Kong – processing time and fees
The cost of your Ethiopia visa depends on two factors. One, the validity period for your e-visa, and two, the processing time for your application. You need to make a choice for both. As for processing, iVisa grants you three options:
- Standard processing – this may be the slowest available option, but it is the cheapest as well. Your application is processed within 3 business days, and the cost is $87.
- Rush processing – this time, things move a little bit faster. You receive your Ethiopia visa within 2 business days, but the fee goes a little bit higher. You must pay $117.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your e-visa as soon as possible, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 1 business day, but you are charged $152.
When it comes to validity, bear in mind that the prices above apply for the 30-day Ethiopia visa. You have a choice of picking a document that is valid for 90 days, but the cost goes higher with $20 for each processing time.
The online application form
After everything you need is at hand, you can go on and fill in the application form. You should not find it difficult, but if you have questions, you can contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is at your disposal 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
The form you are asked to complete is split into three parts. The first one focuses on three things: personal information, processing time, and validity period. The second part wants you to cover the payment and review your form just in case you made some mistakes, while the third requires you to upload a few documents. After you are done, submit your application and iVisa handles the bureaucracy that follows.
What you need to understand from all this is that the online process of getting an Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Hong Kong is not at all complicated. The document is valid for 30/90 days since the intended date of entry in Ethiopia, you can use it just once and it allows you to stay there until expiration.