Since all nationalities are eligible for an electronic visa when taking a trip to Ethiopia for tourism purposes, it only makes sense that the citizens of Malaysia are too. Consequently, you can apply for an Ethiopia visa online. iVisa can help with the application process so that you get the travel document you need in just 1 business day. But before moving on, know that the e-visa is only valid if you enter Ethiopia visa the Addis Ababa International Airport. Choosing a different point of entry means that you have to get a consular visa.
Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Malaysia – requirements
The requirements for an Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Malaysia are the same as for everyone else, and you should not have a hard time acquiring everything you need. Here is a list of what is necessary:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for an Ethiopia e-visa unless you hold a valid passport. Plus, the document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the day you intend to cross the Ethiopian border.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – you will be required to upload it when you fill in the form.
- A digital passport photo – when it comes to your picture, make sure that it is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – since the entire application process happens online, you will receive your e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out at least one physical copy.
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is versatile. You can make the payment using your credit or debit card, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Malaysia – processing time and fees
The cost of your Ethiopia visa depends on two factors: the processing time you select for your application and the validity period you choose. As for processing, iVisa gives you three options so that you can go for the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – this may be the slowest available option, but it is the cheapest as well. Your application is processed within 3 business days, and the cost is $87.
- Rush processing – this time, things move a little bit faster. You receive your Ethiopia visa within 2 business days, but the fee goes a little bit higher. You must pay $117.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your e-visa as soon as possible, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 1 business day, but you are charged $152.
When it comes to validity, bear in mind that the prices above apply for the 30-day Ethiopia visa. You have a choice of picking a document that is valid for 90 days, but the cost goes higher with $20 for each processing time.
The online application form
Once you have everything you need, you can access the application page to fill in the form. It should take you about 20 minutes to do it but remember that iVisa’s customer support is available non-stop and free of charge in case you need some assistance.
The form consists of three steps. The first one focuses on general information, processing time, as well as validity period for your Ethiopia e-visa. The second wants you to handle the payment and review your form, while the third requires you to provide iVisa with the supporting documents of your application. When you are done, hit the submit button and iVisa will handle the rest.
The bottom line is that the citizens of Malaysia should have an easy time applying for an Ethiopia visa. The document you receive is valid for 30 or 90 days since the intended day of entry in Ethiopia, you can use it just once and you can remain in the country until the visa’s expiration date.