According to Ethiopia’s visa policy, all nationalities can travel to Ethiopia without needing a consular visa if their trip is for tourism purposes. The citizens of Myanmar are no different, so you can apply for an Ethiopia visa online. If you use the services provided by iVisa, you can have it in your inbox in just 24 hours. Nonetheless, keep in mind that you can use the e-visa only if you enter Ethiopia visa the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. Using another point of entry means that you must get a consular visa.
Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Myanmar – requirements
The first thing you have to take care of is the issue of requirements. However, there is no need for concern because they are easy to meet. Chances are that you already have what you need, which is as follows:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for an Ethiopia e-visa unless you hold a valid passport. Plus, the document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the day you intend to cross the Ethiopian border.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – you will be required to upload it when you fill in the form.
- A digital passport photo – when it comes to your picture, make sure that it is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – since the entire application process happens online, you will receive your e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out at least one physical copy.
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is versatile. You can make the payment using your credit or debit card, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Myanmar – processing time and fees
The cost of your Ethiopia visa depends on two factors: the processing time option you select during the application process, as well as on the chosen validity of the document. Regarding the former, you are given three options. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – this may be the slowest available option, but it is the cheapest as well. Your application is processed within 3 business days, and the cost is $87.
- Rush processing – this time, things move a little bit faster. You receive your Ethiopia visa within 2 business days, but the fee goes a little bit higher. You must pay $117.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your e-visa as soon as possible, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 1 business day, but you are charged $152.
As for the validity, the fees above apply for the 30-day Ethiopia visa. You have the option of selecting a document that is valid for 90 days, in which case the cost goes higher with $20 for each processing time.
The online application form
After you handle the requirements, you need to do one more thing, and that is to fill in the application form. You should not find it complicated, but if you need some help, iVisa’s customer support is available 24/7 and free of charge.
The application form consists of three steps. The first one asks that you provide your personal information and choose a processing time for your application. This is also the moment when you select a validity period. The second step requires you to make the payment and review your form, while the third wants you to upload the documents that support your application. When you finish, submit your request and iVisa will take things further.
The bottom line is that getting an Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Myanmar involves minimal effort when you apply online. The document is valid for either 30 or 90 days since the date of your intended entry in Ethiopia, and you can stay there until your visa expires. You are granted one entry.