Nigerian citizens who plan to spend their vacation in Ethiopia are no longer required to go to the nearest Ethiopian embassy to get a visa. That is because you are eligible for an electronic visa, which means that you can apply for an Ethiopia visa online. With iVisa’s help, you can acquire it in just 1 business day. But keep in mind that you cannot use the e-visa unless you travel to Ethiopia visa the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport.
Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Nigeria – requirements
The first thing you have to do before you fill in the application form is to make sure that you have at hand everything necessary for the application process. What you need is as follows:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for an Ethiopia e-visa unless you hold a valid passport. Plus, the document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the day you intend to cross the Ethiopian border.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – you will be required to upload it when you fill in the form.
- A digital passport photo – when it comes to your picture, make sure that it is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – since the entire application process happens online, you will receive your e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out at least one physical copy.
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is versatile. You can make the payment using your credit or debit card, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Nigeria – the online application form
As soon as you gather everything you need, you can go ahead and access the application page to fill in the form. You should be done with it in about 20 minutes, but if you have questions or concerns, feel free to contact iVisa’s customer support. It is available 24/7.
The application form is broken down into three steps. Step number one requires your personal information, but you also need to make two choices, both of which will determine how much money you will spend on your Ethiopia visa. One regards the processing time of your application, while the second concerns the validity of your visa. As for the former, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – this may be the slowest available option, but it is the cheapest as well. Your application is processed within 3 business days, and the cost is $87.
- Rush processing – this time, things move a little bit faster. You receive your Ethiopia visa within 2 business days, but the fee goes a little bit higher. You must pay $117.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your e-visa as soon as possible, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 1 business day, but you are charged $152.
As for validity, you can choose the 30-day Ethiopia visa, or you can go for the 90-day visa. The fees above apply for the former, while the latter costs $20 more for each processing time. So, the charges are $107, $137, and $172 respectively.
The second step wants you to cover the payment and carefully review the information you provided in your form so that you do not submit an inaccurate application. And finally, the third step wants you to upload a few supporting documents. When you are done, all that is left for you to do is to submit your request.
What is important to remember from all this is that the citizens of Nigeria have an easy time applying for an Ethiopia visa. The document you receive has a validity of 30 or 90 days, depending on your choice. You are granted a single entry, and you can stay in Ethiopia for as long as the visa is valid.