The citizens of Qatar who wish to spend their vacation days in Ethiopia are no longer required to go to the nearest Ethiopian embassy to get a visa. Since you are eligible for an electronic visa, you are given the opportunity to apply online for an Ethiopia visa, and iVisa can be of help here. But please keep in mind that the e-visa you receive will only grant you entry if you go to Ethiopia visa the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. Other points of entry ask for a consular visa.
Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Qatar – the requirements
As you will notice, the online application process is not as frustrating as the one you may come across at a consulate. However, that does not mean you are entirely care-free. You have a few requirements to meet, and they are as follows:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for an Ethiopia e-visa unless you hold a valid passport. Plus, the document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the day you intend to cross the Ethiopian border.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – you will be required to upload it when you fill in the form.
- A digital passport photo – when it comes to your picture, make sure that it is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – since the entire application process happens online, you will receive your e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out at least one physical copy.
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is versatile. You can make the payment using your credit or debit card, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Qatar – the online application form
After you gather all of the items on the list above, you can proceed to the application page. There, you will find the form you have to fill in. It should not come off as a difficult task, but if it happens to have a few questions, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. It is at your service 24/7 and free of charge.
You will notice that iVisa broke down the form into three steps. The first one asks that you insert your personal information, but you also have a couple of choices to make. You must select a processing time for your application, as well as a validity period for your travel document. Keep in mind that your decisions will impact the price of your Ethiopia visa. As for processing, you are presented with three options:
- Standard processing – this may be the slowest available option, but it is the cheapest as well. Your application is processed within 3 business days, and the cost is $87.
- Rush processing – this time, things move a little bit faster. You receive your Ethiopia visa within 2 business days, but the fee goes a little bit higher. You must pay $117.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your e-visa as soon as possible, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 1 business day, but you are charged $152.
When it comes to validity, bear in mind that the prices above apply for the 30-day Ethiopia visa. You have a choice of picking a document that is valid for 90 days, but the cost goes higher with $20 for each processing time.
The second step consists of payment and revision, while the third requires you to upload a few documents. When you are finished, submit your request, and iVisa will deliver the e-visa in the timeframe of your choosing.
As you can see, there is nothing complicated about the online process of getting a Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Qatar. The e-visa you are given is valid for 30/90 days since your intended date of arrival in Ethiopia, it grants a single entry, and you can stay in the country until the visa expires.