According to Ethiopia’s visa policy, the citizens of Saudi Arabia do not need a consular visa if they wish to travel to Ethiopia for tourism purposes. That is because you are eligible for an electronic visa, meaning that you are given the opportunity to apply for an Ethiopia visa online. With iVisa, you can have the document in just 24 hours. However, for an e-visa to be valid, you need to go to Ethiopia via the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. Otherwise, you still have to get a consular visa.
Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Saudi Arabia – requirements
You will be happy to learn that the online application process is less demanding as the one you go through at the embassy. Even so, you still need to meet some requirements. They are as follows:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for an Ethiopia e-visa unless you hold a valid passport. Plus, the document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the day you intend to cross the Ethiopian border.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – you will be required to upload it when you fill in the form.
- A digital passport photo – when it comes to your picture, make sure that it is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – since the entire application process happens online, you will receive your e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out at least one physical copy.
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is versatile. You can make the payment using your credit or debit card, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Saudi Arabia – the online application form
When you consider yourself ready, you can proceed to fill in the application form. It should take you about 20 minutes, but if you need help, contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is reachable 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
The form you have to fill in consists of three steps. The first one focuses on personal information, but you also need to make a couple of choices that will affect the cost of your Ethiopia visa. The first one refers to the processing time option for your application, while the other is regarding your visa’s validity period. As for the former, you can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – this may be the slowest available option, but it is the cheapest as well. Your application is processed within 3 business days, and the cost is $87.
- Rush processing – this time, things move a little bit faster. You receive your Ethiopia visa within 2 business days, but the fee goes a little bit higher. You must pay $117.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your e-visa as soon as possible, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 1 business day, but you are charged $152.
As for validity, you can choose the 30-day Ethiopia visa, or you can go for the 90-day visa. The fees above apply for the former, while the latter costs $20 more for each processing time. So, the charges are $107, $137, and $172 respectively.
The second step requires you to take care of the payment and review your form to make sure that all the information provided is 100% accurate, while the third expects you to upload a few documents. When you are done, submit your application and iVisa will handle the bureaucracy that follows.
As you can see, the online process of getting an Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Saudi Arabia does not involve much effort. The document is valid for 30 or 90 days since the intended date of arrival in Ethiopia, and you can stay there until it expires. You are granted a single entry.