Ethiopia’s visa policy is one of the most lenient policies in the world since every nationality is eligible for an electronic visa when traveling to Ethiopia for tourism purposes. The citizens of Singapore qualify for this type of document as well, meaning that you can apply for an Ethiopia visa online. iVisa can help you get it in just 24 hours. However, remember that the e-visa will only grant you entry if you travel to Ethiopia visa the Addis Ababa International Airport.
Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Singapore – requirements
The first thing on your to-do list is to put together some document and information that are necessary during the application process. However, you should be able to do it in no time. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for an Ethiopia e-visa unless you hold a valid passport. Plus, the document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the day you intend to cross the Ethiopian border.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – you will be required to upload it when you fill in the form.
- A digital passport photo – when it comes to your picture, make sure that it is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – since the entire application process happens online, you will receive your e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out at least one physical copy.
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is versatile. You can make the payment using your credit or debit card, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Singapore – the online application form
After you handle the requirements, you can move on and fill in the application form. It should not take you more than 20 minutes, but if you need assistance, iVisa’s customer support is reachable 24/7 and free of charge.
The form you are given to complete consists of three simple steps. During the first one, you have to provide general information about yourself and your trip. At the same time, you need to make a choice when it comes to processing time for your application and validity period for your Ethiopia visa. Each option comes with its own cost. As for processing, here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – this may be the slowest available option, but it is the cheapest as well. Your application is processed within 3 business days, and the cost is $87.
- Rush processing – this time, things move a little bit faster. You receive your Ethiopia visa within 2 business days, but the fee goes a little bit higher. You must pay $117.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your e-visa as soon as possible, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 1 business day, but you are charged $152.
As far as the validity goes, bear in mind that the prices above apply for the 30-day Ethiopia visa. You have a choice of picking a document that is valid for 90 days, but the cost goes higher with $20 for each processing time.
Step number two requires you to take care of the payment and review your form so that it does not contain any mistake. Finally, the third step wants you to upload a few documents. After you finish doing it all, you can submit your application and iVisa will take it further.
The bottom line is that the process of getting an Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Singapore is easy to go through. The document is valid for 30/90 days since the intended date of arrival in Ethiopia, it grants a single entry, and you can stay in the country until the visa expires.