The citizens of Sri Lanka who wish to travel to Ethiopia for tourism purposes are not required to pay a visit to the nearest Ethiopian embassy to get a visa. Since you are eligible for an electronic visa, you are given the opportunity to apply online. If you use the services provided by iVisa, the travel document can be yours in just 24 hours. Nevertheless, keep in mind that the e-visa is only valid if you travel to Ethiopia via the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. If you use any other point of entry, you need a consular visa.
Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Sri Lanka – requirements
First of all, you need to make sure that you meet the requirements. That should not be a challenge because all the items on the list are easy to acquire. For a successful application process, you will need the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for an Ethiopia e-visa unless you hold a valid passport. Plus, the document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the day you intend to cross the Ethiopian border.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – you will be required to upload it when you fill in the form.
- A digital passport photo – when it comes to your picture, make sure that it is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – since the entire application process happens online, you will receive your e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out at least one physical copy.
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is versatile. You can make the payment using your credit or debit card, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Sri Lanka – the online application form
There is one more thing you have to do, and that is to fill in the application form. You should have no issues with this either, but iVisa’s customer support is available 24/7 and entirely free of charge in case you need some help or have some questions.
The form you are about to fill in is broken down into three steps. The first one needs your personal information, but you also have to select a processing time and a validity period for your Ethiopia visa. Both choices will determine how much you will be charged. As for the former, iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – this may be the slowest available option, but it is the cheapest as well. Your application is processed within 3 business days, and the cost is $87.
- Rush processing – this time, things move a little bit faster. You receive your Ethiopia visa within 2 business days, but the fee goes a little bit higher. You must pay $117.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your e-visa as soon as possible, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 1 business day, but you are charged $152.
Regarding the validity, keep in mind that the fees above apply for the 30-day Ethiopia visa. You have the option of selecting a document that is valid for 90 days, in which case the cost goes higher with $20 for each processing time.
The second step wants you to take care of the payment and review your form to make sure that it does not contain mistakes, while the third requires you to provide iVisa with the supporting documents of your application. You have to upload them. After you are done, hit the submit button and iVisa takes care of the rest.
What you need to understand is that the citizens of Sri Lanka have an easy time obtaining an Ethiopia visa. The document is valid for 30 or 90 days, depending on your choice, it grants a single entry, and it allows you to stay in Ethiopia until expiration.