As a Tunisian citizen, when you travel to Ethiopia for tourism purposes, you are not required to go to a consulate to obtain a visa. Instead, since you qualify for an electronic visa, you can apply for an Ethiopia e-visa online using the services provided by iVisa. However, keep I mind that you can use the e-visa only if you plan to enter Ethiopia via the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. Other points of entry require that you go to an embassy after all.
Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Tunisia – requirements
Before you start the online application process, you have to make sure that you have at hand everything necessary. Here is a list of the things you need:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for an Ethiopia e-visa unless you hold a valid passport. Plus, the document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the day you intend to cross the Ethiopian border.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – you will be required to upload it when you fill in the form.
- A digital passport photo – when it comes to your picture, make sure that it is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – since the entire application process happens online, you will receive your e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out at least one physical copy.
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is versatile. You can make the payment using your credit or debit card, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Tunisia – the online application form
The application form you have to fill in consists of three steps. Keep in mind that if you need some help along the way, iVisa puts at your disposal its customer support. The service is available day and night, and it does not charge.
The first step you need to go through requires that you insert your personal information. At the same time, you have to pick a processing time for your application, as well as a validity period for your Ethiopia visa. Keep in mind that your choices affect the cost of your travel document. Regarding the processing time, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – this may be the slowest available option, but it is the cheapest as well. Your application is processed within 3 business days, and the cost is $87.
- Rush processing – this time, things move a little bit faster. You receive your Ethiopia visa within 2 business days, but the fee goes a little bit higher. You must pay $117.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your e-visa as soon as possible, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 1 business day, but you are charged $152.
As for validity, keep in mind that the prices above apply for the 30-day Ethiopia visa. You have a choice of picking a document that is valid for 90 days, but the cost goes higher with $20 for each processing time.
Step number two asks that you handle the payment and review your form so that you do not submit inaccurate information, while the third requires you to upload some documents. Once you are done, you can submit your request and iVisa will send you the e-visa in the timeframe of your choosing.
As you can see, there is nothing complicated about the process of acquiring an Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Tunisia. The e-visa you are sent is valid for 30/90 days since the intended arrival date in Ethiopia and you can remain in the country for as long as the validity lasts. You are granted a single entry.