The citizens of Yemen do not have to get a consular visa when traveling to Ethiopia for tourism purposes. That is because all nationalities are eligible for an electronic visa. As a result, you an apply online for an Ethiopia visa, and iVisa can help with the application process so that you can get it in just 1 business day. However, you need a consular visa if you plan to enter Ethiopia via another point of entry than Addis Ababa Bole International Airport.
Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Yemen – requirements
You will be pleased to learn that the online application process is less demanding than the consular one, but you still need to meet a few requirements. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for an Ethiopia e-visa unless you hold a valid passport. Plus, the document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the day you intend to cross the Ethiopian border.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – you will be required to upload it when you fill in the form.
- A digital passport photo – when it comes to your picture, make sure that it is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – since the entire application process happens online, you will receive your e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out at least one physical copy.
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is versatile. You can make the payment using your credit or debit card, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Yemen – the online application form
After you handle the requirements, you can proceed to the application page to fill in the form. It should take about 20 minutes of your time to complete this task, but if you need help, feel free to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is available non-stop and entirely free of charge.
The form you must go through consists of three simple steps. The first one wants your personal information, but you also have to select a processing time for your application and a validity period for your Ethiopia visa, both of which help establish how much you will be charged. As for processing time, iVisa provides you with three options:
- Standard processing – this may be the slowest available option, but it is the cheapest as well. Your application is processed within 3 business days, and the cost is $87.
- Rush processing – this time, things move a little bit faster. You receive your Ethiopia visa within 2 business days, but the fee goes a little bit higher. You must pay $117.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your e-visa as soon as possible, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 1 business day, but you are charged $152.
Concerning the validity, remember that the fees above apply for the 30-day Ethiopia visa. You have the option of selecting a document that is valid for 90 days, in which case the cost goes higher with $20 for each processing time.
Step number two asks that you take care of the payment, but you also have to review the provided information so that mistakes do not go through. And finally, step three requires you to upload a few documents. When you are done, submit your application and iVisa will take care of the rest.
What is important to remember is that the online process of getting a Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Yemen beats going to an embassy. The document you receive is valid for 30/90 days since your intended day of arrival in Ethiopia, and you can stay until its expiration. You are granted one entry.