Turkish citizens who plan to travel to Ethiopia for tourism purposes do not have to get a consular visa. Since you have access to the electronic visa platform, you can apply for an Ethiopia visa online. With iVisa, the document you need can be in your inbox in just 24 hours. Nevertheless. Keep in mind that you can use the e-visa only if you arrive in Ethiopia visa the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. Using another point of entry requires a consular visa.
Ethiopia Visa for Turkish citizens – the requirements
The requirements for an Ethiopia Visa for Turkish citizens are the same as for everyone else. You do not need much, and the things you must have at hand are easy to acquire. They are as follows:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for an Ethiopia e-visa unless you hold a valid passport. Plus, the document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the day you intend to cross the Ethiopian border.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – you will be required to upload it when you fill in the form.
- A digital passport photo – when it comes to your picture, make sure that it is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – since the entire application process happens online, you will receive your e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out at least one physical copy.
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is versatile. You can make the payment using your credit or debit card, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Ethiopia Visa for Turkish citizens – the online application form
After you make sure that you meet the requirements, you can go ahead and fill in the application form. It should take you no more than 20 minutes, but in case you need some help, you can reach iVisa’s customer service via online chat or phone. It is available 24/7 and free of charge.
The form you are given to complete has three steps. Step number one is interested in your personal information, but you also have to choose two things: the validity of your Ethiopia visa and the processing time for your application. Both of them determine the cost of your travel document. When it comes to processing, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – this may be the slowest available option, but it is the cheapest as well. Your application is processed within 3 business days, and the cost is $87.
- Rush processing – this time, things move a little bit faster. You receive your Ethiopia visa within 2 business days, but the fee goes a little bit higher. You must pay $117.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your e-visa as soon as possible, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 1 business day, but you are charged $152.
Regarding the validity, keep in mind that the fees above apply for the 30-day Ethiopia visa. You have the option of selecting a document that is valid for 90 days, in which case the cost goes higher with $20 for each processing time.
Step number two consists of payment and revision, while the third expects you to upload the documents that support your application. As soon as you are done, you can submit your form and iVisa will handle the bureaucracy that follows.
The bottom line is that the process of getting an Ethiopia Visa for Turkish citizens is not complicated at all. The document is valid for 30/90 days since the intended day of arrival in Ethiopia and it allows you to stay there until expiration. You are granted a single entry.