Ethiopia’s visa policy is one of the most lenient, and it allows all nationalities, including Vietnamese citizens, to enter the country without a consular visa. Instead, you are given the opportunity to apply for an Ethiopia visa online. With iVisa’s help, the document you need can be yours in just 24 hours. However, what you should know is that the e-visa allows you to enter Ethiopia only via the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. If you plan to cross another point of entry, you need a consular visa.
Ethiopia Visa for Vietnamese citizens – the requirements
Before you start the online application form, you should make sure that you have everything necessary for the process. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for an Ethiopia e-visa unless you hold a valid passport. Plus, the document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the day you intend to cross the Ethiopian border.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – you will be required to upload it when you fill in the form.
- A digital passport photo – when it comes to your picture, make sure that it is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – since the entire application process happens online, you will receive your e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out at least one physical copy.
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is versatile. You can make the payment using your credit or debit card, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Ethiopia Visa for Vietnamese citizens – the online application form
After you put together everything necessary for the application process, you are ready to fill in the form. It should take you about 20 minutes to complete the task, but if you have questions or concerns, do not be hesitant to call iVisa’s customer support. The service is available 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
You will notice that the form created by iVisa consists of three steps. The first one requires you to provide your personal information, but you also need to make a choice when it comes to processing time for your application and validity period for your Ethiopia visa. Both the choices you make determine the cost of your travel document. As for processing, you are given three options:
- Standard processing – this may be the slowest available option, but it is the cheapest as well. Your application is processed within 3 business days, and the cost is $87.
- Rush processing – this time, things move a little bit faster. You receive your Ethiopia visa within 2 business days, but the fee goes a little bit higher. You must pay $117.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your e-visa as soon as possible, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 1 business day, but you are charged $152.
Regarding the validity, keep in mind that the fees above apply for the 30-day Ethiopia visa. You have the option of selecting a document that is valid for 90 days, in which case the cost goes higher with $20 for each processing time.
The second step requires you to cover the payment and review your form, while the third wants you to upload the documents that support your application. After you finish doing that, you can submit your request. iVisa will take things further for you.
As you can see, getting an Ethiopia Visa for Vietnamese citizens is not at all a challenge. The document is valid for 30 or 90 days, depending on the choice you make, and it allows you to stay in Ethiopia until expiration. You can use the e-visa for s single entry.