As a Pakistani citizen, you do not have to obtain a consular visa if you decide to travel to Ethiopia for tourism purposes. You are eligible for an electronic visa. Therefore, you can apply for an Ethiopia visa online. With iVisa’s help, the document can be ready for use in just 24 hours. There is one thing you should know, however. The e-visa you receive is only valid if you enter Ethiopia visa the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. If you choose another point of entry, a consular visa is required.
As far as the Ethiopia visa requirements for Pakistani citizens are concerned, you should know that they are the same as for everyone else. The first thing you are required to do is to put together some documents and pieces of information necessary during the application process. Here is a list of what you need:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for an Ethiopia e-visa unless you hold a valid passport. Plus, the document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the day you intend to cross the Ethiopian border.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – you will be required to upload it when you fill in the form.
- A digital passport photo – when it comes to your picture, make sure that it is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – since the entire application process happens online, you will receive your e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out at least one physical copy.
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is versatile. You can make the payment using your credit or debit card, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
After you manage to gather everything on the list above, there is one more thing that you are required to do, and that is to fill in an application form. You should not find it challenging, but even if you do, iVisa’s customer support is available 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
You will notice that the form is divided into three steps. The first one wants your personal information, but you also have to choose a processing time for your application, as well as a validity period for your Ethiopia visa, both of which will determine the amount of money you will be charged. As for processing, here are your options.
- Standard processing – this may be the slowest available option, but it is the cheapest as well. Your application is processed within 3 business days, and the cost is $87.
- Rush processing – this time, things move a little bit faster. You receive your Ethiopia visa within 2 business days, but the fee goes a little bit higher. You must pay $117.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your e-visa as soon as possible, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 1 business day, but you are charged $152.
As for validity, bear in mind that the prices above apply for the 30-day Ethiopia visa. You have a choice of picking a document that is valid for 90 days, but the cost goes higher with $20 for each processing time.
The second step requires you to make the payment and review your form, while the third asks that you upload the supporting documents of your application. When you are done, submit your request and iVisa will take it from there.
As you can see, the Ethiopia visa requirements for Pakistani citizens are nothing out of the ordinary, and it is possible that you may already be half-prepared for the process. If not, you should not get through too much trouble putting it all together.